GTX 480 receives OCC-Gold award for the best Single GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooberman

A common social norm on the forum is not offensive.

Now let's see whether the mods take action or not.

Rule no, 3 quoted:

Use of bad language is not allowed, some words are censored and will appear as ****. Just because **** appears instead of the banned word, that does not make it alright, you will still receive an infraction/possible ban

But being rude to pretty much every user is offensive.

joh06937

Cool it before you all get infractions.

IceHead.jpg

ok, back to original topic

Ryeong

I get the hint. I made this Thread.. I've kept up with 13 pages with a mixture of mindless replying from other members without sources. I've been insulted, to a degree where i should be allowed to reply. Now, the only thing i can conclude with is the fact that most of you are ATI-fanboys. Why? oh well, look at yourselves.

"Oh, bla bla bla look at my sign i have nvidia hardware so how can i be a ATI-fanboy"?

You can still be a racist if you're an Afro-American.. You can still be a ATI-fanboy if you have Nvidia hardware. Which clearly 90% of you are. I'm off, i need to find somone who can discuss using objectivety rather than adding inn their own emotions, making me feeling uncomfortable.

Don't reply to me, i will not visit this Thread any more.

Drenlin

Tine for a subject change, yes?

OMG....im going to wait a bit until some aftermarket coolers are made i or buy one from Asus because they usualy stick on their own aftermarket coolers which are much better.

I wonder if the i7 920 or 930 stock would bottleneck the 480 in any way?

Even a 5970 bottlenecks an i7 pretty bad, especially if it's overclocked. It even bottlenecks a Phenom II x4. I want to see if the same is true for the 480.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
This is funny, and well I could care less of what card performs what. I have a 1 year old PC that runs all games at the highest settings still, developers are idiots at times and the ones that can't code an engine write crappy games.

bomberboysk

Absolutely.

Do you mean that the i7 is the bottleneck, or the 5970 is the bottleneck?
GPU is the bottleneck,in all likelyhook my current rig if i paired it with say, three GTX 480's would be able to game just as well as an i7 rig with three GTX 480's. (Not that i would be stupid enough to get three GTX 480's, just theoretical)

Drenlin

Take a look at these. You can learn several things:

1- The i7 is much faster than the Phenom II clock for clock

2- They are both bottlnecked fairly badly by a 5970

3- The 790FX chipset pwnts the X58. (I'm assuming this is because Hypertransport is awesome)

4- The Phenom II is a much better buy for a gaming system

Left4Dead2.jpg

Battleforge.jpg

CODModernWarfare2.jpg

FarCry2.jpg

CrysisWarhead.jpg

BatmanArkhamAsylum.jpg

ConpanyOfHeroesopposingfronts.jpg

HAWX.jpg

Wolfensitein.jpg

Last edited:

BigSteve702

palit01.jpg

Source:
http://upcoming.current.com/items/1270067_exp-palit-designs-dual-fan-gtx470gtx480.htm

I sympathise with you people who cant afford much. But in order to be an enthusiast you'll need a wallet and more than a decent job.

Edit: Palit's spelling sucks.. but everyone has forgot that GTX 480 has not published any NON-reference designs yet. A new design with better fans and thermal etc and we can eventually see normal temps.

But in order to be an enthusiast you'll need a wallet and more than a decent job.

or parents that spoil your ass like yours ;)

CrayonMuncher

i just read through all 14 pages, been quite a funny expierence the op really cant take anyone with a different opinion than his :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
Again, benchmark scores are always subjective as those benchmark results you copy/paste from the Internet are not always using the same exact specifications you are. A driver update could change the results, and so could OS version, etc etc.

TFT

VIP Member
Thank you chaps for an interesting read, it helps break up the monotony of all the serious posts.:D
I can't give an opinion as I don't know what you're meant to be talking about, so I'll go with the majority.

salvage-this

Again, benchmark scores are always subjective as those benchmark results you copy/paste from the Internet are not always using the same exact specifications you are. A driver update could change the results, and so could OS version, etc etc.

Very true but since I am getting the 955be in the near future, it is nice to see that it still has the potential to run with the best of the best. I kinda feel that my 770 chipset will be the bottleneck if I keep my current motherboard when I decide to get a new card.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Very true but since I am getting the 955be in the near future, it is nice to see that it still has the potential to run with the best of the best. I kinda feel that my 770 chipset will be the bottleneck if I keep my current motherboard when I decide to get a new card.

A 770 is not bad. Believe I've seen benchmarks with the same setup/Video card/memory/harddrive a 790 and 770 performed about the same. Other then the amount of PCIe lanes there is not much difference between them. Even the 890 is really just a remarked 790. The southbridge on a AMD is more important. Dont know why they dont go with one chipset. But I guess its more expensive to have to update a whole chip then just keep updating the southbridge.

dirtbikeryzz

14 pages my god. Seriously ati fans get over it. Go play games instead of defending your gpu's that obviously lost this gpu war. You all keep saying how the 5970 beats the 480 in most games. ITS A DUAL GPU. so much fail in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.