Hack to unlock clockspeed ?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
I suppose you ...

I suppose that you are referring to unlocking the multiplier on CPUs. That's basically not possible with the newest processors but quite easily achievable on some older models. What processor would you like to unlock?

JAN :D

blurblock

i would like to unlock an intel celeron 2.4ghz .. i thgouht it is a losuy processor .. yet .. 2pid lock ..

apj101

VIP Member
i would like to unlock an intel celeron 2.4ghz .. i thgouht it is a losuy processor .. yet .. 2pid lock ..
on s478, dont think you'll get far with that. Have you tried oc'ing it through the fsb?

blurblock

hey guy i'm on an intel celeron 2.4 n i reliase tat it clockspeed was lock .. is there any hack or something to unlock it ?

blurblock

CPU Ratio Locked

My CPU Ratio was lock and i can't unlock it ... but the ting i can change was the CPU Speed which is at 100mhz ... when i try to adjust it to 133mhz my motherbaord will failed to boot up ... i'm using Intel Celeron 2.4ghz on ECS M935D .. anyone can tell me waht wrong ?

blurblock

my com is home build .. at the bios i can choose from 100mhz to 133 mhz .. when ever i try 133mhz .. my system will not be able to boot up .. and it will auto adjust back to 100mhz and my cpu ratio was locked ..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
*Threads merged*

Your ECS board isnt gonna let you get anywhere with OCing as i noted in the other thread

blurblock

i dont realli understand what the 101 is about but i know that i need to adjust the freq n Muilt of the cpu to overclock it .. i can abjust the freq but it does not work as the motherboard will no boot up .. and the muilt which i believe is the CPU ratio .. at the Bios manual it is locked .. and i could no change it

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah odds are what you're running into is a need to bump the voltage going to the CPU. I explain it here http://www.computerforum.com/showpost.php?p=106907&postcount=7 ... odds are the motherboard you've got doesnt have a plethora of voltage options (and even then I question the stability of the voltage regulation on the board) but yeah the trick is when you run into POSTing errors, bump the vcore a notch :)

blurblock

so i r trying to say that it is not possible for me to oc my system ? deal to motherboard unable to auto adjust to the amount of power need by the processor ?