Hack to unlock clockspeed ?

4W4K3

VIP Member
up the voltage on your processor

EDIT: but with an ECS board, i don't recommmend it. they temp protection isn't a guaranteed safety net for your hardware if something goes wrong whn overclocking.

Last edited:

blurblock

So i gonna up the voltage in my CPU ? how to do so ? if i done it is it able to change from 100mhz to 133mhz ? that mean my cpu from 2400mhz increase to 24x133 mhz ?

4W4K3

VIP Member
blurblock said:
So i gonna up the voltage in my CPU ? how to do so ? if i done it is it able to change from 100mhz to 133mhz ? that mean my cpu from 2400mhz increase to 24x133 mhz ?

lol i doubt you will achieve 24*133. upping the voltage on your processsor MAY make it stable when running at 133MHz, but because your multiplier is so high, i seriouely doubt it.

24*100 = 2400MHz
24*133 = 3100MHz

Overclocking to 3.1GHz is just very unlikely on an ECS mobo with air cooling and almost no motherboard options concerning overclocking.

blurblock

So can i remian the freq at 100 mhz n increase the multiper ? but i dont know how to do so .. and how do i go about incrasing the voltage ?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
So can i remian the freq at 100 mhz n increase the multiper ? but i dont know how to do so .. and how do i go about incrasing the voltage ?
1. You've already said you cant increase the multiplier so theres no piont suggesting that :)
2. Since your multiplier is locked, you need to OC via coreclock as noted in OC101
3. As for vcore, look around in your BIOS/manual: odds are u wont be able to do much -- or anything ... so you might just be SOL

blurblock

It seem that my system could be overclock ... i cannot change the multiper locked .. the cpu could not reboot when i set tit to 133 ... and i cannot do anything to the power supply .. anyway i looking forward to get a new board ... any suggestion ?

4W4K3

VIP Member
Did he ever say what ECS board he had? IF you can supply that information I might be able to find you a BIOS help guide specifically for it and some additional step by steps? I know i used to have an ECS and it was pretty "featureless." But there are some things you can do to increase performance.

EDIT: yah you can get a new motherboard, if you have the money.

4W4K3

VIP Member
hmm...PcChips also make an M935D. confusing. i can't find anything regarding this board :( class is almost over as well...i will have to help out when i return home.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
well if the computer can't handle 133mhz maybe we should try something less? i mean kicking it up to 133 is yeilding an overclock of over 700mhz...isn't that a bit big for a first try?

4W4K3

VIP Member
I think with the ECS boards (at least older ones) you only had selections of FSB. Like 100, 133, 166, 200. But if you can select exactly what you want, do try something lower, say 105MHz and work your way up.

blurblock

I read up on the OC 101 about the P4 478 motherboard ... anyway 2 of the links are not wroking ... i notice the price of the motherbaord are out of my barget .. so i'm looking for a cheaper 1 .. that should not cost me more than $120 SGD 1.6 SGD = 1 USD

4W4K3

VIP Member
blurblock said:
hey guy take a look at this >> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=596 is this board gd enuff for ocing a intel celeron 2.4ghz processor ?

It doesn't even support Celeron processors. What socket type is your processor? Once you find that out, look for a motherboard that supports that SAME socket type.

Also, 5 posts in a row isn't necessary. You can use the "Edit" button and combine all of your posts. It makes it less cluttered looking, and easier to read for everybody.

blurblock

ops .. sryy .. and how do i go about sreaching a motherboard that support celeron ? i'm on 478 socket .. 1, not sure if i'm about to use this motherbaord http://sg.hardwarezone.com/priceguide/info.php?cid=266&id=7874 n ocing my cpu .. what i'm realli looking for is a motherboard that has 3 or more ran slot .. 8x agp support celeron 2.4ghz 478pin n celeron D orintel p4 800mhz wif HT (just in case i upgrade it )

Last edited: