Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob1989

banned
it seams Preator is wrong as if i turn on my compuyer running certain software with it set up how I know i recieve pager messages from all over Britain and its not randomness.

The audio is being is converted into raw data which is then converted into readable txt. Thats is complete rubish up there where it says my sound card shouldnt be able to pick up them frequencies. Its just analysing what you would get throught the speaker built into the scanner, not picking them up, its not tuning anything.

Just get off this subject, your making how it works more complicated than it needs to be.

Jimbob

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
it seams Preator is wrong as if I turn on my compuyer running certain software with it set up how I know I recieve pager messages from all over Britain and its not randomness.
Firstly, if I recall correctly, you wrote the program yourself so it wouldnt quite be "certain software". So far so good

The audio is being is converted into raw data which is then converted into readable txt
This is where the smack begins. I agree that audio is converted to raw data (even though it's already raw data) however, there is NO WAY IN HELL YOU CAN GET IT INTO YOUR COMPUTER AS SUCH.

Thats is complete rubish up there where it says my sound card shouldnt be able to pick up them frequencies. Its just analysing what you would get throught the speaker built into the scanner, not picking them up, its not tuning anything.
I didnt read this when I quoted the above. WOW. You actually think I'd be convinced by that? Just in case you didndt know... no wait... because you dont know.... speakers, in general only operate to roughly 20Khz with exceptional ones supposedly hitting 25Khz ... a far cry from the Mhz and Ghz bands you're reciever is picking up. Secondly, you said that you input the raw data into your computer via the sound card jack. Sure. Fine. If you visited the websites for the soundcard you'd quickly find that their input capacity is limited to 192Khz ... and thats if you get one of them fancy sound cards -- not the 96Khz which you're running from your onboard soundcard.

Just get off this subject, your making how it works more complicated than it needs to be.
No no i'm just getting warmed up... you had some fun making this stuff up and i applaud you for it (i really do)... now lets see how far you can drag it on and attempt to convince us :)

*Ding!* Round two.

nomav6

ok, lets get back to what it was about, the orgin of a hacker.
the word hacker is said to come from someone setting in front of a computer "hacking" away at the k/b, programers of the early years, but like most terms, once they reach mainstream the turn into something negative much like the word hacker is now used for someone that breaks(hacks) into a computer illegaly to steal information or to cause damage, these people are called crack-ers, also every year theres some young kid that reads about computers and is mad at the world so he decides to get reveage, then writes a virus that attacks peoples emails most of the time not doing any real damage, these kids are called cyber punks, or script kiddies, there are so many terms and labels out there that its easy to understand why people just stick to one label, and yes we have to have a label lol, it makes us feel 3133731732578 or whatever the hell it is that people say now lol, am I a hacker? not even close. Im just an old fashion computer nerd that plans my day around computer time (yes its sad I know) but hey its what I like, I hope people will understand this post when they read it, Im not the best at putting my thoughts in words, and they're pretty random at times, maybe if I wrote it in C+ it would be a little more understandable, hehe. but oh well just trying to get back to what the topic was about in the first place.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but hey its what I like, I hope people will understand this post when they read it, Im not the best at putting my thoughts in words, and they're pretty random at times
Read you loud and clear! :)

maybe if I wrote it in C+ it would be a little more understandable, hehe. but oh well just trying to get back to what the topic was about in the first place
You mean C++ heehee :)

nomav6

Praetor said:
Read you loud and clear! :)

You mean C++ heehee :)
NO!!!!!!!!! I mean C+ its a programing language that I created, its the same language I used to program a computer to track airplanes any where in the world(UK), lol, sorry JIMBOB, I had to pick at it one last time, but I'll leave you alone for now, aslong as you start being honest about things, but yea I meant C++ :eek:

Jimbob1989

banned
I'm going to explain a few things for a few of the members on this forum. For the last few months i have been getting terrible pains in my lower chest. I went to my doctor and he said i might have damaged my kidneys or liver. To be honet its been hard to thing or type. And to be honest i'm not that bothered about Praetor and his pawns.

However, while in pain, I will explain, with difficulty. I have a radio scanner. The audio in directed from the phone jack into the input on my sound card. The program changes the audio into raw data, then decodes it into txt i can understand. I can track planes in the UK using this method. Planes can be tracked out of the uk using a simular program which connects to the internet for its information instead.

I didnt make the program myself. It is made by a company called Airnav Systems. As for the hacking, you really shouldnt insult a hacker while connected to the internet :)

Jimbob

Jimbob1989

banned
Chroder, you a pawn mate. You insult me and comment on my illness again, which by the way is just petty, I'll make sure you never insult me again.

Jimbob

Jimbob1989

banned
Chroder, you a pawn mate. You insult me and comment on my illness again, which by the way is just petty, I wont be pleased and you shoudlnt annoy a hacker. They live in communities :)

Jimbob

Christopher

VIP Member
I didn't insult you, just made a subtle observation. :)

Plus it's hard for just about anyone to believe a damn thing you ever say since this thread has basically revealed that your a complete liar.

Talk to ya later, "mate".

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The plane-tracking is ok, it make sense. The input signal for the audio card is not RF, it’s pure audio. And the program decodes it and displays the data.
But what about the program’s database? Wacars being a very old software, a whole lot of big companies disappeared and smaller companies emerged since its release...

What doesn’t make sens is this: what’s the use of it? And why do you call it hacking, since you can freely access real-time flight-informations on some airline companies’ website? I use Alitalia’s flight-informations every time my cousin visits me from Italy - thus I can arrive at the airport almost at the same time the plane is landing, no matter if the flight was delayed.

Nephilim

VIP Member
And calling you a prawn

Hey Chroder, he called you a shrimp.

From dictionary.com:

prawn Audio pronunciation of "prawn" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prôn)
n.

Any of various edible crustaceans similar to but larger than the shrimps.

And to be honest i'm not that bothered about Praetor and his pawns.

Then why start the poll about Praetor losing his roots? That doesn't exactly convey your claim of not caring now does it?

As for the hacking, you really shouldnt insult a hacker while connected to the internet

I don't believe he insulted a hacker. He insulted a child with delusional fantasies of being a hacker :)

smadge

Jimbob1989 said:
I didnt make the program myself. It is made by a company called Airnav Systems.
i checked the airnav site. is this a commercial product? cause they all are for getting info of the web.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Jimbob: threaten another member on this forum again and you'll catch a boom.
No, I have already warned him about this in the nicest possible way, tried to offer him some friendly advice, but he continues to threaten people here. Even offered him my assistance/advice in getting his own site running.
But he seems intent on threatening people who upset him, so the decision has been made to ban him now. I was asked to ban him long time ago, but I wanted to give him another chance. I admit that was my mistake.
In real life there are legal consequences for threatening people, I dont know why some people automatically think that threatening people and carrying through with these threats on the internet will somehow be exempt from legal action being taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.