Hard Drive Benchmark Results

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
fancy raid settups :p.. i might get another 320gb for raid later on
Im surpised how well it held up, no huge spikes, fairly even all the way to the end

look at that access time :D lol
hdbench.jpg

MatrixEVO

fancy raid settups :p.. i might get another 320gb for raid later on
Im surpised how well it held up, no huge spikes, fairly even all the way to the end

look at that access time :D lol

I love the RAID setup. It's simple because Windows recognizes it as one big 640GB drive, so I don't have to split up files to one or the other drive. It's also very fast as you can see.

Is your Seagate 320GB the 16MB cache 7200RPM version? If it is, it's the same as I have. You really should get another, they were $60 at Best Buy on Black Friday, so I grabbed me some gems. There was no need to manually load a driver while using Vista as well.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I love the RAID setup. It's simple because Windows recognizes it as one big 640GB drive, so I don't have to split up files to one or the other drive. It's also very fast as you can see.

Is your Seagate 320GB the 16MB cache 7200RPM version? If it is, it's the same as I have. You really should get another, they were $60 at Best Buy on Black Friday, so I grabbed me some gems. There was no need to manually load a driver while using Vista as well.

This is the one i have "Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148140

I was going to get another for RAID, but seeing that i dont need the space.. and am wanting a new mobo/cpu shortly :p

Last edited:

WhiteFireDragon

i beat all you guys. here's the fastest benchmark :p

ok seriously this is from my 10 year old laptop. it was so slow... after i saved the screen shot, i took it to my desktop by flash drive to upload

Geoff

VIP Member
i beat all you guys. here's the fastest benchmark :p

ok seriously this is from my 10 year old laptop. it was so slow... after i saved the screen shot, i took it to my desktop by flash drive to upload

wow, that's the slowest benchmark i've ever seen, haha.

Geoff

VIP Member
how come generally, the trend is that most of them decrease in performance near the end of the benchmark?

I believe it has to do with using the onboard SATA/IDE controller. And a few of the RAID setups have dips as well, although mine was pretty consistent.

HDTune_full.jpg