Have You Seen This?

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
OH MY
what is the matter with them?
that's alot of memory
i think this is the end of 7 Series

Filip

They gotta do something about the size though, every new graphic card gets bigger and bigger, if they continue like that, in 50 years video cards will be the size of a PC case, imagine like 2 persons installing a 50 pound card into it's socket. rofl

m0nk3ys1ms

filip-matijevic said:
They gotta do something about the size though, every new graphic card gets bigger and bigger, if they continue like that, in 50 years video cards will be the size of a PC case, imagine like 2 persons installing a 50 pound card into it's socket. rofl

lol

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
@monkeysims i know .. and i laughed :D
@filip-matijevic what do you think is the reason it gets bigger anyway ?

nice price for the card! if i had the cash i'd buy it....should get my brother to sell his 7900 and get that to check it out......

Well You remeber the old video cards? My dad has one from a reallly old mac and its probly a foot long and thats only half of it lol....

ati also released a 1gig gpu awhile ago but they were more expensive....

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
i think for people who have 7800 and above there is no reason to upgrade
as it will hold on till Vista come out and then you can upgrade to a DX10 card !

Filip

shadyi said:
@filip-matijevic what do you think is the reason it gets bigger anyway ?

Probably becouse the number of transisotors, PCB has to be large enough to carry all the VRAM, also the GPU gets bigger, big heatsinks, cuz the heat issue isn't being resolved, in like 10 years 100°C idle will be normal if they don't do something about it, oh wait they will install a 30 pound heasink on it, lol, I dunno

Last edited:

mega10169

Wait...aren't these cards just nVidias quad SLI solutions? I'm pretty sure they are, which means they are lower clocked and the have major performance and game compatibility issues thanks to poor drivers.