Have You Seen This?

fade2green514

mega10169 said:
Wait...aren't these cards just nVidias quad SLI solutions? I'm pretty sure they are, which means they are lower clocked and the have major performance and game compatibility issues thanks to poor drivers.
WRONG! wow..
1.2ghz memory clock... but 512BIT!! MUCH faster than 1.6ghz 256-bit memory! by the look of the name you would think it has two gpu's on it... but who knows. again... 512-bit memory! WOW!
wonder how many pixel pipelines and vertex shaders? who knowsss..

Geoff

VIP Member
One word... WOW!!!

That has got to be the best card i've ever seen! It should be top of the line for at least a month :p

Dr Studly

banned
mmm sexy

14150159060wv.jpg

i mean wow... that just turns me on...

Last edited:

fade2green514

uhh... eww... haha
wow, SLI without the need for an SLI mobo.
know wut would be sweet is two of these in SLI...
haha 4 GPU's... sure its been done before... but not this fast. lol
512BIT MEMORY!
of course, thats been done before too.

Cole_ie

Dang! I could have gotten this instead of my two 7900's for the same price! Man these video cards come out so fast it is insane. Granted the 7900 sli is still an awesome setup, but this is even better for a cheaper price.

Livzz

when is an nvidia dx10 card coming out?? when they do, how much will one with 512Mb (or even 1Gb!?) be? (aus$)

mrjack

VIP Member
DX10 cards will probably be released around the same release date as Windows Vista, as Vista is going to be the only OS to support DX10.

mega10169

Ok have any of you checked out the performance of these cards? I think not. Google "Quad SLI" and check out some benchmarks. These cards are terrible right now, there is no reason to buy them or even like them. At least not until better drivers come out.

Motoxrdude

mega10169 said:
Ok have any of you checked out the performance of these cards? I think not. Google "Quad SLI" and check out some benchmarks. These cards are terrible right now, there is no reason to buy them or even like them. At least not until better drivers come out.
What do you mean be terrible? They suck at gaming, or suck for there price? Be more specific.

mega10169

Motoxrdude said:
What do you mean be terrible? They suck at gaming, or suck for there price? Be more specific.
Both. Basically for the price, it offers only a few more frames per second in most games compared to two 7900GTXs in SLI. Sometimes even less frames per second. For the price, it could and should be much, much better.

fade2green514

mega10169 said:
Both. Basically for the price, it offers only a few more frames per second in most games compared to two 7900GTXs in SLI. Sometimes even less frames per second. For the price, it could and should be much, much better.
two 7900gtx's in SLI = $900-$1100
one 7950GX2 = $650
:D

Geoff

VIP Member
Cromewell said:
Dell is a system builder. What he meant was I can't buy a quad sli board and quad sli cards at a parts shop.
Well, you could buy dual 7900GT/X's and SLI them. Since thats what Alinware does and claims it as quad-sli.