Have You Seen This?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you could buy dual 7900GT/X's and SLI them. Since thats what Alinware does and claims it as quad-sli
I suppose I could.
alienware also do quad sli in their new computer but i cant afford their computers nor do i want one
Dell owns the alienware brand now.

sniperchang

Cromewell said:
I suppose I could.Dell owns the alienware brand now.

Really? What does this mean? Cheapply made alienware now?...

Woot @ 7950GX2 :).

This means the next Graphics card from Nvidia will be a 8 Series, can't wait. ;)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
fade2green514 said:
WRONG! wow..
1.2ghz memory clock... but 512BIT!! MUCH faster than 1.6ghz 256-bit memory! by the look of the name you would think it has two gpu's on it... but who knows. again... 512-bit memory! WOW!
wonder how many pixel pipelines and vertex shaders? who knowsss..

its actually just two 256bit memory controller, since theres technically 2 cards in one.

they just slaped together 2 cards and made them use the same slot thats it as ucan see there is 2 phisical cards there isnt that compli cated the only hard thing would be the quad sli

Clutch

banned
fade2green514 said:
WRONG! wow..
1.2ghz memory clock... but 512BIT!! MUCH faster than 1.6ghz 256-bit memory! by the look of the name you would think it has two gpu's on it... but who knows. again... 512-bit memory! WOW!
That's because it does have 2 GPU's on it.

What a marketing gimmick. Each card has a 256 bit bus, combined it is a theoretical 512 bit bus, but in reality, it isn't due to the overhead which SLI creates, as it can never be 100% efficient.
fade2green514 said:
wonder how many pixel pipelines and vertex shaders? who knowsss..
It's just two 7900GTX's together, so it's going to have 48 pixel pipelines, and 16 vertex pipelines.

Last edited:

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
Clutch said:
What a marketing gimmick. Each card has a 256 bit bus, combined it is a theoretical 512 bit bus, but in reality, it isn't due to the overhead which SLI creates, as it can never be 100% efficient.

It's just two 7900GTX's together, so it's going to have 48 pixel pipelines, and 16 vertex pipelines.

i wonder about how hot is it gonna be under stress ?

mega10169

fade2green514 said:
two 7900gtx's in SLI = $900-$1100
one 7950GX2 = $650
:D
I meant quad SLI, like two 7950GX2's. So its like $1300 vs. $900 for a very small to none performance benefit.

Burgerbob

Im sorry if this sounds uninformed, but the 7950 sounds good to me no matter what. i dont have an SLI board, and i have the crazy 6800XT. I think i could live with the problems.

fade2green514

the 7950GX2 sounds like its just two 7900gt's in SLI only they each have lower clocks, 512mb, and the memory works in dual channel (256bit*2=512bit)
so its actually better than SLI :D
i want benchmarks on this!
whoever buys it better post in the 3dmark06 section! lol

fade2green514

lol anyone want to buy my 7900gtx? just kidding. not worth it.
plus i can add another and get a higher score anyways :D
of course i'll need my new psu first anyways..
definitely easily arranged
i think i found a buyer for my rig for $900 (with the 7800gt im keeping the 7900gtx)

mAJORgAMER

shadyi said:
i think for people who have 7800 and above there is no reason to upgrade
as it will hold on till Vista come out and then you can upgrade to a DX10 card !

Are you sure it doesnt support dx 10? I mean who's the genius that gonna buy this if vista is around the corner?