HD 7970 Help

sidrenwada

Hello Everyone :)

I was just wondering what the estimated cost of the HD 7970 will be in Canada and will it be worth it?

Ankur

I don't know what currency is in Canada but it is ~550$. Yea it is worth it. It is faster than GTX 580.
Depends on what resolution you want to play at (if gaming). It will be able to play any games on ultra settings.

JLuchinski

I've read that it will cost around $475 to $550 before markup, and I'm going to wait until some more reviews come out to decide if it's worth selling my GTX 580 for.

Ankur

^ I think 7970 isn't the GPU that can replace your 580. On gaming both match each other almost the same.

sidrenwada

ok so how are the unlocks on it and oc? is it even worth it and what does a gtx 580 go for is the 3gb worth it or just stick with the 1.5?

Ankur

ok so how are the unlocks on it and oc? is it even worth it and what does a gtx 580 go for is the 3gb worth it or just stick with the 1.5?
Well I don't know how it OCs, but a GPU should have 2GB or more memory to play latest GPU intensive games like BF3. A 3GB 580$ costs more than 580, so it could be better if a 7970 which is 3GB around 550.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

Ok, it wont let me see the vid but i've seen a lot of the benches and was about to say something about the performance since those guys were makin it sound not much better. The thinkg killed the 580 averaging about 20% better for 10% more money. As far as pricing newegg.ca seems to be almost the same as .com so i'd you're looking at 550-600 or so, then like a 30 buck rebate or so.

tech savvy

AMD should not of aimed for competing against the 5xx series( Fermi), but the 6xx series(Kepler).I'm saying this because, "Fermi" is 40nm and "Tahiti"(AMD) is 28nm, cant really say thats fair really.Of course AMD's new line-up of GPU's are going to be superior to its competitors in all-around performance, its a giving.AMD needs to ride this high horse hard, because when "Nvidia" releases there new line-up(Kepler) @28nm it's going to knock AMD off that high horse.But, hey, thats how it always goes, right?

TekMaster

The guy is a noob gamer, lol but he makes good enough vids, but he just tells out specs and no tips and proper reviews.
[YT]qgfK-hUBWfQ[/YT]
I've actually corrected this guy on youtube for calling a standard 6-pin IEEE 1394a port USB 3.0 on the new TA990FXE board, lol I was like wow. But I was just using that vid to show the benchmarks vs. the 580
he makes me laugh in the 590 vid playing crysis 2

Last edited: