HD 7970 Help

87dtna

Im not saying I have issues with 1.5GB VRAM at 1920 x 1080, but with 3 x 30" monitors I do. Secondly your statement is simply incorrect - period.

Wow, you completely took that statement out of context!

Thats hilarious, because here's what I said RIGHT before what you quoted-

if he's running 1080p like the 98% of the rest of us are, even a gtx570 1.25gb is overkill for any game and plenty of memory.

So, by your own words now, my statement IS correct....PERIOD.

Okedokey

At 1080P, 1.25GB of VRAM is simply not overkill. I was referring to drops in FPS. But to suggest its overkill is not true. I commonly saw VRAM saturation at 1080P with 1.5GB. Period.

87dtna

Alright, I'll admit I shouldn't have said overkill but I was just trying to emphasize the point that 3gb is not *needed* for 1080p. 2560x1600, yeah sure no problem I'd definitely spring for the 3gb.

I've never even used 1gb at 1080p, but I've never played skyrim I guess it's a vram intensive game I dunno.

tech savvy

Kepler is 7xx. The 6xx chips will be for laptops.

"Nvidia said earlier that only 700 series will be the real Kepler cards, so all the 600 cards will just be updated and renamed 500 series. That's why they only expect to "be competitive in performance with the HD 7970" and not beat it."

Spesh

"Nvidia said earlier that only 700 series will be the real Kepler cards, so all the 600 cards will just be updated and renamed 500 series. That's why they only expect to "be competitive in performance with the HD 7970" and not beat it."

Yes I saw that statement.