HDD/SSD Drive Speed Thread

spirit

Staff member
Do you mean like all read speeds summed up --> 1score. Or just the 1st digit (seq)?

Have two leaderboards, one for read speeds and one for write speeds.

So for example it could look like this:

Read Speed Leaderboard:
Spirit - OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (SATA 6GB/s) - 450MB/s
SmileMan - OCZ Agility III 128GB (SATA 6GB/s) - 440MB/s

etc

and then the same kind of idea for the write speed leaderboard.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Have two leaderboards, one for read speeds and one for write speeds.

So for example it could look like this:

Read Speed Leaderboard:
Spirit - OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (SATA 6GB/s) - 450MB/s
SmileMan - OCZ Agility III 128GB (SATA 6GB/s) - 440MB/s

etc

and then the same kind of idea for the write speed leaderboard.

Yeah, I know, but are you going to make the sum of all read scores (seq, random,...) in one score and the same for the write speed? Or just only the seq. scores?

Btw, the seq read speed of mine is only 230 mb/s lol, I think it's reduced in speed because 99% of the storage is used :)

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Yeah, I know, but are you going to make the sum of all read scores (seq, random,...) in one score and the same for the write speed? Or just only the seq. scores?

Ah sorry, misunderstood you there. :p I'll use the sequential read and write scores. :)

Gooberman

I WIN :D
w38h.png

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Wow, that'd be a fast drive! Image the speed when DDR4 comes on the retail market with 64gb capacity and a speed above 3000 MHz seen as 'Normal' ;P.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good thread,Although im thinking the (Ramdisk) scores/leader board should be separate from the "proper" drive speeds.

spirit

Staff member
Good thread,Although im thinking the (Ramdisk) scores/leader board should be separate from the "proper" drive speeds.

Yeah, they do really change the scores quite a bit. I think I am going to separate them.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, they do really change the scores quite a bit. I think I am going to separate them.

I think it would just be a cleaner layout. :)

Here is my ramdisk score. :)

EhId3fL.png

Will be interesting to see what others with 1600Mhz will score.

spirit

Staff member
Excellent, I have added your score to the leaderboard. I'll create visual leaderboards for the RAM Disks when a few more results are posted.

From now on, if you are benching a RAM Disk, I would like you to include the size of the RAM Disk in your screenshot (a bit like how Shane has done it above). Failure to do this will result in your scores not going on the leaderboard.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned

10847?!!! :eek:

Maaaan.....that is too fast even for the RAM DISK :D !!!

Maaaan......by looking at all the speeds you guys have (wether they are drive speeds or RAM DISK speeds),they are ALL a LOT LOT LOT higher than mine lmao!!!

Right now I am seriously thinking to replace my old machine.Really...

Well I definetely lose:

Write speed (MB/S): 4.3 xD

Haven't tried RAM DISK yet.But I am pretty sure it would save my life lol! :D

spirit

Staff member
Post a screenshot of your Crystal Disk Score score STARS using the instructions in the first post if you're going to submit a score please.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Post a screenshot of your Crystal Disk Score score STARS using the instructions in the first post if you're going to submit a score please.

LoL if I do that I would be embarassed xD !
But I will do that soon anyway and post the scores.But don't expect anything above 4.3 MB/S lmao!Even 4.3 will be a miracle if it even gets to 4.3 rofl! :D

By the way...what SSD of 512GB capacity is the FASTEST of all?
Because...by looking at all these scores...I am seriously considering to get the best SSD of 512 GB and a new computer lol.