Help..Building a new Computer Need Suggestions..thanks for any help

AdmnPower

VIP Member
i don't think they're a whole lot different than an IDE you should be able to detect it within the bios just the same don't quote me on that though

AdmnPower

VIP Member
that power supply looks fine, and all i can say is i wish i had the money to buy that thing, it's gonna be awesome :)

bradyfan123

oh because i selected a nvidia motherboard..those are stil compatible with ati?..plus i have an ati 9250..i kno that one sucks but it wasnt too good :-/..thats y i wanted to try nvidia lol

AdmnPower

VIP Member
more memory is always better, and on the power supply just get one that has lots of good ratings and 2 fans
shouldn't have to cost a fortune

34erd

Start with Praetors $1700 build, try building it up from there. But keep in mind that:
Praetor said:
Bigger Budget?
Realistically after this point I'm essentially looking to spend money and it's not really for a few more budget steps that I can direct the system to a more balanced state (i.e., add a RAID5 infrastructure as well as upgrade the memory and then processor/motherboard)

AdmnPower

VIP Member
ya i guess i went from a crappy geforce 2 to an ATI so thats why i like ati Lol but yea ATI should work just fine with your motherboard, it's all the same port

34erd

Bradyfan,
If you want to spend $2500, you can get parts that are alot better than your choosing. Take a look at praetors computer specs 101 for a starting point.

bradyfan123

also based on your experience i think lol IS PUTTING THESE PARTS TOGETHER EASY?..I HOPE IT IS BECAUSE I HATE TO HAVE TO STARE AT A BUNCH OF COMPUTER PARTS WONDERING HOW TO CONNECT THEM TO ONE ANOTHER