Help..Building a new Computer Need Suggestions..thanks for any help

bradyfan123

flush01

bradyfan123 said:
your sure that ati graphics cards will work on nvidia motherboards?
in my opinion I would stick with nvidia video cards, but thats me

everything looks greate, but I would get a better PSU, thats pretty cheap psu for a high end computer

bradyfan123

yea..thats perfect for my budget..so i can purchase a screen n keep it under $2500 all together..i was guna purchase a dell xps 600 or alienware..i've now realized that woulda been a total rip off..THANKS U GUYS!

AdmnPower

VIP Member
you can go with nvidia if you want but the cards are universal as long as you have the right slot on your motherboard also the power supply pins need to match up with your motherboard, 24 pin to 24 pin as you can see if you buy a 20 pin plug and then you have a 24 pin board there would be a small issue of plug size
just look at the pages for both and make sure the PSU says 24 pin or 20/24 pin

AdmnPower

VIP Member
by the way processors come with fans that work just fine as long as you don't plan on overclocking so you could save 50 bucks on that cpu cooler and put it back into your PSU

bradyfan123

so u think i should remove that cpu heat thing?..yea i was thinkin of an ATI graphics card..i just wana make sure it works on my nvidia u kno?

AdmnPower

VIP Member
ya it should work just fine, and if you don't plan to overclock i doubt you would need that CPU cooler, the one that comes with the processor should work just fine

flush01

bradyfan123 said:
so u think i should remove that cpu heat thing?..yea i was thinkin of an ATI graphics card..i just wana make sure it works on my nvidia u kno?

i have that 4400 x2 cpu, and stock fan is enough ( it idles at 37 C ) which is good... i agree with AdmnPower, use those $50 for a better power supply

AdmnPower

VIP Member
ya the ones that come with amd processors work ok my sempron didn't heat up more than a couple degrees when i over clocked it to 2.2 ghz

flush01

bradyfan123

i wish i knew what you guys were saying lol..THANKS ALL OF YOU GUYS FOR YOUR HELP..i hope everything turns out the way i want it 2..anything im missing..anything i should upgrade..i made a diff. post with my final selection..thanks again