Help! Do I need to upgrade my pc??

marquita188

back to upgrades...

I read PC World mag's guide to ask around and shopping around for the best price pc and in the guide also has a how-to on asking the workers about the computer you want to buy .. I thought I was asking the right questions and doing it the right way :(

I asked those dumba**es at Circuit City about my computer but they wouldn't give a complete or truthful answers to my questions like this....

me: how much memory do this computer have? cc: um... I don't know 512. something?

me: do this computer have a video card? cc: yes it a 64MB RAM exteme. without giving me all info :mad:

me: how big is this computer hard drive? cc: 80GB. but they didn't tell me that they use 20GB of it and I got 11GB left :mad:

me: do this computer motherboard have a AGP Slot? cc: yes a 4x AGP Slot. now they just plain lied :mad:

me: what kind of pre-loaded software do this computer have? cc: game channel, WinDVD SE, Norton Antivirus 2002, realplayer, windows media player, recordnow, microsoft money 2002, microsoft works 6, etc.. but didn't tell that most of the software were trial and old verisons

Last edited:

EMO-TOCROSS

It's business.. Sometime's lieing makes money. Can't always trust everyone can you? Although were you sure the guys at Circuit City were thinking of the exact same model you have?

marquita188

EMO-TOCROSS said:
It's business.. Sometime's lieing makes money. Can't always trust everyone can you? Although were you sure the guys at Circuit City were thinking of the exact same model you have?

yes that exact same model, they're the ones who pointed that computer out to me

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It's not so much lying.. honest! It's more likely they really honestly dont know. Here in Canada we have Futureshop/BestBuy and again the people dont know jack; they'll give convoluted answers and indirect references to stuff and no matter what you ask them about "they've got one at home and it works great".

marquita188

yeah....

what kind of computer cases is ASUS motherboard compatible with???
I love the ATX ones but I don't know if their compatible with ASUS motherboards???

what you think of the Just 4 PC 899 ATX black??

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Glad i could help... of course there is a minor addendum to my above post: if the case doesnt LOOK like it will fit the motherboard, common sense should tell you that it wont :p (i.e., dont try to shove that ASUS board into a shuttlecase heehee) :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
wow thanks, thats a lot of space, I looked all over for this hard drive, but with no luck....
how much will this drive cost?
where can I get one from?
You wont be able to get that drive without special order. :) It's intended for commercial applications.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
hmm.. well I guess I have to find another 400GB hard drive.....
You wont find another 400GB drive ... Hitatchi is the only one right now; and even if you do, you'll find that you will have to special order anyways

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Im not suggesting you rule out eBay, just consider the scope of what you're buying... you're forking over a crapload of money for 400GB ... thats a crapload of space -- space that could have problems. For me, i'd rather shell out a bit more money and get a drive that I can sleep soundly to :)

marquita188

i know this might be a dumb question... but i want learn more about computers. what is the differences between a video card and a graphics card???

Last edited: