Deathrow
New Member
Ok I've tried the graphics section but can't seem to get the answer I want.
I currently have a 9800GX2, what would be a good upgrade?
Sell my 9800GX2 and add more money to buy a GTX280? - Best card but not worth price tag? Probably wont be able to afford SLI before card goes end of line like 8800 Ultra
Sell my 9800GX2 and buy a GTX260? - Lower performance than 9800GX2 if im correct? More likely Ill be able to afford another for SLI in future.
Sell my 9800GX2 and for cash made could easily afford a 4870 x2? - Basing this on the 4870 CF results it isn't far off the GTX280? However would be limited as my board is Nforce so no crossfire etc plus not keen on ATI's drivers.
Or just buy another 9800GX2? - I heard they sorted the quad sli drivers? Which could be a more suitable route than 2 GTX280s but only if drivers for quad SLI are sorted?
So any advice is appreciated, experts would be good 2
Thanks in advanced.
I currently have a 9800GX2, what would be a good upgrade?
Sell my 9800GX2 and add more money to buy a GTX280? - Best card but not worth price tag? Probably wont be able to afford SLI before card goes end of line like 8800 Ultra
Sell my 9800GX2 and buy a GTX260? - Lower performance than 9800GX2 if im correct? More likely Ill be able to afford another for SLI in future.
Sell my 9800GX2 and for cash made could easily afford a 4870 x2? - Basing this on the 4870 CF results it isn't far off the GTX280? However would be limited as my board is Nforce so no crossfire etc plus not keen on ATI's drivers.
Or just buy another 9800GX2? - I heard they sorted the quad sli drivers? Which could be a more suitable route than 2 GTX280s but only if drivers for quad SLI are sorted?
So any advice is appreciated, experts would be good 2
Thanks in advanced.
Last edited: