HELP! Need help with building a PC!

Gun

Good choice of parts! I'm glad you changed to Gigibyte :p. I've heard some good things about the brand Noctua, for CPU cooling. Some people may disagree but...that's what I've heard :).

spirit

Staff member
Do you mean this one http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/corsair-memory-cml16gx3m4a1600c9 this was my first choice and i just thought it would be better for dual ram.
Yep that's what I was on about. That's good RAM. If you can I'd go for it.

I've heard some good things about the brand Noctua, for CPU cooling. Some people may disagree but...that's what I've heard :).
Noctua make good coolers and fans yes. I think the OP is using liquid cooling though.

rishmace

BTW this is my final definetly:
CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor £177.11
CPU Cooler Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £78.63
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard £151.97
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £79.00
Hard Drive Western Digital 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM - Caviar Green - £85.99
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card £317.99
Case Coolermaster Storm Trooper Case £101.98
Power Supply XFX 850W XXX edition already bought
Keyboard xebec Stream line keyboard already bought

could anybody confirm that these parts will all function together with no problems?

spirit

Staff member
All will work fine, but I still think you should drop the WD Caviar Green drive and go for the Seagate I was on about earlier. The Seagate is cheaper and faster.

rishmace

BTW i recieved my PSU and Keyboard today and im very excited gonna build it next tuesday. I have decided on buying the Storm Trooper, also suggest any sites for the LEDs and the make? No Aqua please :)

rishmace

I'm ordering it today :) i have decided to go with the cm storm stryker case and i am going to install green LEDs. The cheapest site I could find for a GTX 670 was novatech for £340, any cheaper on other sites?

spirit

Staff member
It's better to order all the parts from one website, becuase then it all arrives on the same day and all together etc.

I'd spend £3 more and get this EVGA FTW card http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/.../nvidiagtx670keplerseries/02g-p4-2678-kr.html EVGA is my favourite brand for NVIDIA cards and they have great warranties. :good:

If you want to save a bit of money but still have an EVGA 670, then this would also be fine http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/.../nvidiagtx670keplerseries/02g-p4-2670-kr.html in true honesty, I doubt you could tell the difference between this and the FTW (which is overclocked), so I'd save £20 or so and get the stock card above.

Last edited:

rishmace

Ive bought all my parts going to fix it on either wednesday or friday. Does anyone know where i could get the cm storm stryker from tomorrow?

rishmace

Know anywhere else under the price range of £125 and can be delivered before or on the 22nd?
I had already seen OverClockers, sorry i didnt mention that. It was too expensive and should be cheaper I had heard.

spirit

Staff member
Know anywhere else under the price range of £125 and can be delivered before or on the 22nd?
I had already seen OverClockers, sorry i didnt mention that. It was too expensive and should be cheaper I had heard.

Nope. :( Only Overclockers seem to have it.