Help settle a small disagreement please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Casecom makes pretty cheap lowend power supplies. They sell so cheap because they use really cheap components. In reality the case and fan probably cost them more then the internal components.

Your not doing yourself or your customers justice by using them, whether or not they have blown or not. They are pretty much bargain basement power supplies.

If you want to go cheapo on power supplies atleast go for for something like Coolmax/E-Power or Topower/Rosewill/Ultra. Dont even like those, but they are better quality then Casecom.

Last edited:

Okedokey

james, i want to apoogise for any retarded thing i said last night (it was 6 am here after no sleep - im sick), but i stick by my assessment of that psu and its likely impacts.

jamesd1981

hey no problem bigfella, as i said i see your point i do realize as stranglhold said above the psu is a cheap budget unit, but it`s easy for somone to comment on a product they have not used , they base their conclusiuon on price, rating or what they have heard, if you were evaluating a new product you would buy say 10 and see how it went, if you had alot of faults you would say i am not buying that product again, but if it went well you may well purchase more as 10 is a decent guide test.

as i said i have 50 of these psu out there and so far no problems or damage, and that is not 50 new in the last few weeks, they have had 2 years to show any problems, and as said we have all read posts with branded psu blow ups in less than a two year period.

as agreed previously i will post if my psu blows, but i will also post if any of the 50 others blow, but i have taken notice of your opinion and value it so with my own machine it is the most powerful system i have used the psu for, so i will test the psu once a month using my digital psu tester to keep a close eye on it and hopefully pick up any problems early as it ages.

MMM

James1981... consider your self lucky using that PSU as it must be one exceptional piece of electronics.
Ask any one you know who is qualified in Electrical/Electronics and they will tell you by the specs you quoted that the PSU is not really up to the task you are using it for.
It will be a matter of time before it fails and I hope the consequences do not kill, maim or injure you or any one else as it is a dangerous practice in using underrated electrical equipment in applications.

Why I say this! I'm a qualified Electrician who has seen the consequences of fools who they think know better until it is too late.... harsh words but reality....

Last edited:

Perkomate

every psu will burnout eventually no matter if it`s cheap or expensive sooner or later, BANG !

dont know why your still goin on about it bigfella, anyone thats read the original thread
http://www.computerforum.com/198100-windows-help-please-2.html#post1651381

can see you were so sure how crap this psu was you came up with a test you thought would blow it, needless to say it didn`t, so my point was proved, yes it will eventually pop but so will they all

yes, they will all eventually pop, but yours will expire a hell of a lot sooner than ours. Just because one test didn't make it fail, doesn't mean that it will last a long time. It may go bang the next time you run a test, or whatever. Just please don't come onto a forum asking for help then disregard everything that's been said

jamesd1981

yes, they will all eventually pop, but yours will expire a hell of a lot sooner than ours. Just because one test didn't make it fail, doesn't mean that it will last a long time. It may go bang the next time you run a test, or whatever. Just please don't come onto a forum asking for help then disregard everything that's been said

actually perko if you read the start of the original thread i did not ask for any help ! it was someone asking about installing an ssd and moving files and because i put forward what i thought was a simpler way of doing it, someone needlessly made a comment about my psu i didn`t ask anything, so please read threads properly before commenting

Okedokey

Well if you have a 12A POS PSU on a computer forum you're asking for that advice trust me... but of course everyone else doesn't have a clue and james does.

Last edited:

Perkomate

ok, i take my comment back. you did not ask for help. instead, you said that a heap of people in the forum are wrong, and that's its alright to get a 20 buck PSU to power a discrete GPU system.

-edit-

45.jpg

thought it was appropriate

Last edited:

Okedokey

leave it perk, let him power his pos pc with a pos psu. no issue for us when it goes boom. at least then we don't hear from him for a while ;)

jamesd1981

I have tried till im pretty sick, trying to keep this to a 2 sided discussion !

I have acknowledged the psu is not anything other than a low end BUDGET psu.

yes there is a reputation about cheap budget psus, but i have already explained it is not one of this model of psu that i have tried for 5 minutes and making a judgement on it, i am not some newbie i have used these psu for 2 long years and so far had no short time failures, but the psu is now besides the point.

what i am suprised at is this all started because i dared to give a different way of installing an ssd than bigfella and he spat his dummy out the pram and looked for some reason to be petty.

I have been on this site for quite a while and never had a problem before, and as for not hearing from me again take the time to read through my posts and you will see over my time here on cf i have contributed many posts, gave people the correct solutions to their problems and had many nice people take the time to thank me for my help, which i will continue to do.

bigfella you don`t need to hear from me no ones forcing you to read any of my posts or threads.

But bigfella theres was no need for your original comment, do you usually look through peoples signatures to find fault ? No it`s because your a petty little man that has a thin skin and was somehow offended or insulted by the fact i dared post after you with an alternative option for how to do the ssd and file transfer.

Last edited:

mihir

VIP Member
Funny thread :D james trying to go against physics just based on his daredevil stunts.

Just don't pull these stunts on your ignorant customers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, this has gone on long enough and should have never been made in the first place. If a user wants to use a cheap psu to power his systems then so be it. You offered your advice and he can either follow it or not.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.