Help with new gaming pc

roany

Well Zen sounds perfect for you. If you don't want to wait, the 6700K sounds like a good balance. It has higher frequency than the 6800K and more threads than the 6600K.

I know that beers recommended the 6800K but I'm gonna have to go for the 6700K. It's more frequency for normal games and still great multitasking capabilities for your gold farming.

So add the 6700k to the build you gave me or the one I listed? also do you know when the ''Zen" will be released?

Last edited:

AMD_man

So add the 6700k to the build you gave me or the one I listed?
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/AMD_man/saved/#view=8XcTWZ

Removed 1 GTX, added the 6700K, and downgraded the Motherboard (Reason: at first I thought you wanted to spend all the money, so I chose a $255 one. When you mentioned it was a lot of money I realised I was wrong. It´s still perfectly suitable.)

do you know when the ''Zen" will be released?

The release dates changes constantly. Now it is said it´s due for January.

Last edited:

roany

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/AMD_man/saved/#view=8XcTWZ

Removed 1 GTX, added the 6700K, and downgraded the Motherboard (Reason: at first I thought you wanted to spend all the money, so I chose a $255 one. When you mentioned it was a lot of money I realised I was wrong. It´s still perfectly suitable.)

The release dates changes constantly. Now it is said it´s due for January.

Well, it's a lot of money to spend on something that's not going to work well. and just to be sure the 6700k is better than the 6800 for multitasking?

AMD_man

not going to work well

?

Well, it's a lot of money to spend on something that's not going to work well. and just to be sure the 6700k is better than the 6800 for multitasking?

Well it´s not an exact science. The 6700K has higher frequency, and the 6800K more cores and threads. The thing is, the 6800k is probably going to do worse on other games.

roany

?

Well it´s not an exact science. The 6700K has higher frequency, and the 6800K more cores and threads. The thing is, the 6800k is probably going to do worse on other games.

All right. I'm going to look for the best site to order the parts from. thanks for all the help and patience ;)

roany

No problem. Just in case, be sure to check out my guides. And if you need anything, ask away.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AMD_man/guides/

Best of luck.

If you click the light blue name in the left top end you can read the explanation of why I chose each part.

Hi, I found all the parts apart from the motherboard, so I switched that for the ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard and the power supply to the ''Be quiet straight power 10'' would that be good?

roany

That is not compatible with the 6700K. Get a Z170. The X99 chipset is not compatible with the Skylake processors.

Unless you decided to keep the 6800K?

Well, I looked into the difference 6700k or 6800k for gaming and it didn't make that much of a difference in 10 different games shown and this way I'll still have the 2 extra cores for the CPU demanding stuff

Last edited:

AMD_man

Well, I looked into the difference 6700k or 6800k for gaming and it didn't make that much of a difference in 10 different games shown and this way I'll still have the 2 extra cores for the CPU demanding stuff
That motherboard looks good then. Remember to get a cooler. The 6800K doesn't have a stock one.

roany

I didn't think you were using my lists. In that case, that's just one option. There are other good liquid coolers. If there is another one you like best and you are not sure how good is it you can find reviews online, or just ask here.

I'm saying this to not bias you. Get whatever you think it's best.

I'm using all of the items you listed apart from the 6800k + motherboard and power supply

AMD_man

''Be quiet straight power 10'' The store didn't have the nova one in 650 the only one they had was 1100 or something.

650w is a bit too much. I put a 550w there. Even less would be enough. Although if you plan on adding another GPU it could be appropriate.

AMD_man

The price difference is pretty small to cover any future upgrades at higher wattage.

Hey I would appreciate if you stopped taking out of context everything I say. It´s not the first time.

I agree the price difference is not much, but he mentioned it wasn´t easy for him to spend this money, just trying to consider everything here.

Although if you plan on adding another GPU it could be appropriate.

beers

Staff member
Hey I would appreciate if you stopped taking out of context everything I say. It´s not the first time.
Not sure how that was out of context, you suggested a lower wattage PSU, I suggested keeping the same or a larger one since it's cheaper to just buy one unit depending on upgrade goals.

I'd appreciate you not posting sensationalist garbage, but since you'll do that anyway it's useless to complain about it.