How can i make a bootable win 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grantapus

Hello! i want to install windows 10 on my linux computer(Laptop that use to be running win 8.1 with bing)

and i want to use rufus, but it wont work on linux(Linux mint).

i have a windows 10 ISO file that i downloaded from microsoft.com last night, but how to make it bootable?(USB stick)

Grantapus

Hello, i have a bootable win 10 stick now, when i boot from it, it takes me to win 10 setup.

i choose custom: advance install, and it says i cant install it on my drive cuz it says meh drive has to be formatted as nfts for me to install it! i have linux(Mint rosa) installed already which is why it says that. buttt, it gives me the option to delete the fat partition, what will that do? how can i fix dis problem??

I WANT MY WINDOWS 10! :)

NOTE: i dont really now that much about software issues, so stay with me: i dont want nasty comments saying that i dont know anything..!(Cuz i dont :) )

beers

Staff member
If you don't want to overwrite your Mint install then you'll have to create a separate partition that you can format as NTFS.

In addition, Windows usually overwrites your bootloader so you may have to do a grub recovery after installation in order to be able to choose between operating systems at boot.

Grantapus

If you don't want to overwrite your Mint install then you'll have to create a separate partition that you can format as NTFS.

In addition, Windows usually overwrites your bootloader so you may have to do a grub recovery after installation in order to be able to choose between operating systems at boot.
I want to wipe every thing and install windows. not to mention my drive is only 30 GB.

(I DID back up my stuff :) )

beers

Staff member
You are literally impossible.

I'm done, have fun, please don't make a thread about activating windows in a few days.

Grantapus

Okay, click next.
You've now installed Windows.
Ummmm, i click next.. it than says it cant install it cuz my drive is another format other than nfts or whatever they call it. my drive IS another format cuz i have linux installed which uses another format(Duuuhhh)

Status
Not open for further replies.