How clean is your interior?

Michael

NOTE: I realize the irony of having a 'Post Your Computer' thread in another section, but this is subtly different.. so, humor me :D

My PC was a pre-built, less the items I've added/replaced, so it was a mess in there! I went through and power-cleaned it tonight.. I re-routed a lot of wires.

Let me know what you think, and post your own clean, or messy, interior ;)

hpim0305jm8.jpg

hpim0306ne1.jpg

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
looks good, i need to take some new pics since i done alot of reworking the wires and all, i ran out of plastic ties but ill get some lol. I found the best way is to run most wires behind the mobo tray if your case has the the room.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
4200_guts.jpg

Haha, clean enough :p I was going to route the spare power cables on the other side of the case, but the edge felt rather sharp. I was afraid it might dig into the wires over time... Though the wires might not be spotless, I do try and clean the case and filters every couple of months.

skidude

I am TERRIBLE with cable management. I try really hard to make it look good, but I always end up with a bunch of wires sticking out or cramped together. I bought a new case and a PSU with modular cables and sleeved cables, so we'll see what it looks like.

MixedLogik

I would post a pic but I can't find mine. But it is very neat. Im a neat person, I clean the dust out. And I use tie wraps around my wires. I have excellent fan vents.

cheburns

I have cables (audio and i believe firewire) that have to stretch from my front panel to the back bottom (under the pci slots) of my mobo so it makes keeping all the wires nice and out of the way IMPOSSIBLE... anyone else have that?

skidude

Here's a pic of my case from about 4 months ago (It's gotten much better since then but jut to give you an idea) Surprisingly my temps were actually pretty good.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Wow that's really clean! I've basically given up trying to organize my wires, the P180B is almost impossible to do!

elitehacker

Oh man, you all make me look bad. :( My computer is filled to its bream with dust, I just don't have time to clean it.

Michael

Don't feel bad, my other tower is a mess! This one is newer, with recently upgraded parts.. so I felt the need to clean it up quite a bit.

Onto my other case soon :D

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I've got a compact eMachines case, and an Antec PSU with more wires than I need. I have to bundle up the wires as best I can, try to tie them out of the way, and still try to move them aside for air flow. The hard drive ribbon cables don't help, and I can't use rounded ones because then the case wouldn't close. It's also wicked dusty, and the air filters get clogged within a month. I blow everything out like twice a year.

I'd love a big new case, but the space for the PC is just too short. :(

Tom

PabloTeK

The eMachines case I was actually quite clean, although the carpet was a beggar for holding dust and this (Jeantech) case is spotless because of a lack of an intake, just 4 exhaust fans. Although I'm thinking an Antec 900 should be alright despite the fact the fans create force 10 gales. (not literally)

Michael

eMachines D2823

Before;
hpim0310ce9.jpg

After;
hpim0309wo8.jpg

Still a bit to do, it's kind of dusty in there.. and I need to pickup some more zip ties :D

skidude

An updated pic of my case interior, please forgive the bad quality, I had to take this on my phone since my digital camera is broken :(

OvenMaster

VIP Member
eMachines D2823
After;
hpim0309wo8.jpg

Still a bit to do, it's kind of dusty in there.. and I need to pickup some more zip ties :D

Thank you for this. Looks like I've got a lot of work to do... I never thought of trying to thread the IDE ribbon cable through the drive cage!
Tom

A few little specs in the corner, which were brushed out after this... Just installed the 8800GTX earlier... THAT CARD IS FLIPPIN' AWESOME and big, even for a P180..

Update: Just if you're wondering, my computer was on during this photo and all fans were running, to prove look at the Blue lights on the front fan. My camera's shutter speed is pretty quick, I am leaving it on P-mode, whatever that means....

oscaryu1

VIP Member
^ Think it was like 10 inches long?

Eh... post mine later :D Cable management wasnt an biggy till I saw some of these photos... post mine later :D