How is my Build so far?

vroom_skies

VIP Member
O, that's not actually my build. Just a picture for reference.
I never took a picture of my tower come to think of it. I'll have to get around to that at some point.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Just google saints row the third BSOD bulldozer and there are a good number of posts. Although I think the first summary did point out that a bios update on his board fixed it, would read more but iPod is so slow. But most errors seemed to be something about a clock interrupt not being received by the - core in the allocated amount of time.

Most of the problems are unstable/early bios issues. Plus most if you notice are with Asus boards for some reason.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
not sure of the resolution but i dont need alot ofhard drive space

If that's the case, then just use the 60GB SSD for your boot drive (OS & what ever other apps) and a 500 GB disk for data.
That would save you close to $40.00:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_344&products_id=18357

You graphics card of choice should be in direct response to what monitor(s)/resolution you're running (assuming this is for gaming). The 580 3GB version will be major over kill unless you're sporting a resolution that is a fair deal over 1920x1200. If you aren't then the 580 1.5 or 3GB versions will be over kill. In that case you'd be better off with a 570, 6950 or 6970.

We would need to know more info to be sure.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

troylmao

If that's the case, then just use the 60GB SSD for your boot drive (OS & what ever other apps) and a 500 GB disk for data.
That would save you close to $40.00:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_344&products_id=18357

You graphics card of choice should be in direct response to what monitor(s)/resolution you're running (assuming this is for gaming). The 580 3GB version will be major over kill unless you're sporting a resolution that is a fair deal over 1920x1200. If you aren't then the 580 1.5 or 3GB versions will be over kill. In that case you'd be better off with a 570, 6950 or 6970.

We would need to know more info to be sure.
Hope that helps.

yes, i think it is a bit of an overkill, i am buying a HD 27" moniter. so would i prefer the 1.5gb gtx 580?

also, since the case seemed to be an issue to recent post's, would this case do well? http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&products_id=17170

vroom_skies

VIP Member
yes, i think it is a bit of an overkill, i am buying a HD 27" moniter. so would i prefer the 1.5gb gtx 580?

also, since the case seemed to be an issue to recent post's, would this case do well? http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&products_id=17170

Could you link us what 27" monitor?
Most 27" screens are either 1920x1080 or 2560x1440.
If it's the smaller resolution then a 6950 would be a great match and save you over $200.00. If it's the larger resolution then the 580 3GB would be needed.

There isn't anything wrong with the Antec 300, it's just that not much thought went into the cable management. However it is a budget case and that's what you'd be getting. The case you linked looks fine, though I have no experience with it.

troylmao

Could you link us what 27" monitor?
Most 27" screens are either 1920x1080 or 2560x1440.
If it's the smaller resolution then a 6950 would be a great match and save you over $200.00. If it's the larger resolution then the 580 3GB would be needed.

There isn't anything wrong with the Antec 300, it's just that not much thought went into the cable management. However it is a budget case and that's what you'd be getting. The case you linked looks fine, though I have no experience with it.

http://www.jw.com.au/27-lg-w2753-p-962 The screen resolution is at 1920x1080, but that will also be hooked up to another 21.5" monitor which runs at 1366x768

jonnyp11

Can't hurt to get a 580 but you don't need anything over a 570 really. But I woul look at the 2.5gb versionscuz 1.25 is getting low for some newer games at certain points.

StrangleHold

Staff member
If you go with the 580. Instead of the Palit card, get the MSI 580 1.5gb. I linked to. If not like vroom_skies said, you could save alot going with a 6950/6970/570. Then use the extra left over for a good SSD and case.

troylmao

If you go with the 580. Instead of the Palit card, get the MSI 580 1.5gb. I linked to. If not like vroom_skies said, you could save alot going with a 6950/6970/570. Then use the extra left over for a good SSD and case.

well i want to be able to run games like, Skyrim, Rage, Crisis 2, League of legends & Battlefield 2 on high frames with high settings, so what card in your opinion would be capable of doing so? because i would like to have a SSD

vroom_skies

VIP Member
The card I linked above can run all of those games at max settings.
There is no need to over spend on anything more.

troylmao

The card I linked above can run all of those games at max settings.
There is no need to over spend on anything more.

well i've been youtube some certain cards and narrowed it down to the few which i am considering.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1177&products_id=18065

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1178&products_id=16893

which one is the more preferred out of them two, or are there any better ones for around that price?

2048Megabytes

If he wants a AMD system. Whats your beef with the FX. I was upset with them at the start. True they are alittle slower clock for clock then the Phenom II, but they are a beast at overclocking. I would take a FX-6100/8120, overclocked between 4.5/5.0ghz over a Phenom II anyday. But he would need a good aftermarket cooler, but you would need one for the Phenom II if your overclocking.

I would still prefer the Phenom II 965 over the the FX-6100. The FX processors are really high Watt units when overclocked. He could easily overclock the Phenom II 965 to 3.9 gigahertz if he wanted to.

jonnyp11

I would still prefer the Phenom II 965 over the the FX-6100. The FX processors are really high Watt units when overclocked. He could easily overclock the Phenom II 965 to 3.9 gigahertz if he wanted to.

I've said basically the same thing before and he just implies I'm an idiot without saying it to avoid issues with mods like he does whenever I say anything no matter if I'm right or not, and some of those times I was correct.

StrangleHold

Staff member

The FX-6100 will do 3.9 under default turbo. The FX-6100 will overclock alot higher then 3.9ghz. But you are right about the wattage, but the 6100 doesnt use anywhere near the wattage the X8 does.

and some of those times I was correct.

Where and when? Maybe in your small little mind when your just repeating something other people have said because you have never did it yourself.

Last edited: