How Many Songs On Ur Computer

suprasteve

Encore4More said:
it is illeagle to distrubute copyrighted music... i have sharing turned off... therefore i dont distribute... therefor i am doing nothing whatsoever that is illeagle. BAM! :D
(technically downloading copyrighted material isn't illeagle... it is sharing copyrighted material that is illeagle) :D :D :D love that law
don't expect that one to hold up in court...

spazz31585

i have just under 3,000
will probably get more once i get done moving and finish building my own system

unfortunatley, once i move, the only time i will be able to get online is at work and whenever i come over to my dad's

:(

Twist86

Well till I got my new system I had 2933 songs which I only listened to maybe 300 of them haha.

s_m_w_d said:
I think the question should be how many songs do you have on your computer that are legal!

Then I have 0

Last edited:

lee101

VIP Member
Encore4More said:
it is illeagle to distrubute copyrighted music... i have sharing turned off... therefore i dont distribute... therefor i am doing nothing whatsoever that is illeagle. BAM! :D
(technically downloading copyrighted material isn't illeagle... it is sharing copyrighted material that is illeagle) :D :D :D love that law
I always thought it was illegal to download music still, but you are far less likely to get busted for downloading, and more likely to go to prison for redistributing it as you are makling it availible publicly

Rip_Uk

can anyone send me a message if they know any hard techno/hard trance mp3 sites or radio streams thanks.

Rip_Uk

oh sorry helmie, just saw your post before this. hardbase.net has a couple of banging streams. nice one!

4W4K3

VIP Member
Downloading copyright material is illegal, it's considered alot like stealing/theft. Sharing it is also illegal, probably more of a penalty actually since you yould possibly be making a profit on top of illegal material. I also think endorsing criminal activities in your home is considered illegal, so you're not the only one in the house that could get in trouble, especially if you are under aged. You're putting your future in jeapordy, along with those around you in some cases.

It's hard to say that, considering I usually support those kinds of activities.

spazz31585

does anyone know a website or something where you could read the official laws about downloading music and such.
everyone seems to have a different idea of what the laws are.

also, a question if anyone knows the answer. what is the deal if you have the cd's, and copy them to your computer but do not share them? that is legal right?

personally, the only reason i have so many songs is that, before some of my cd's got stolen, i copied them all to the computer.

another question, since i no longer have some of those cd's, would my music now be considered illegal?

4W4K3

VIP Member
You can rip a CD to your own personal PC and use it instead of he CD. Just don't distribute, or publicly share the media.
You can also burn a music CD, and keep it as a personal copy. Just don't re-distribute, if you're the only one who uses it that's totally legal.

Now if you set up speakers in your lawn and charged people $.50 to listen to your music, that would be illegal, even though you aren't really distributing anything. You always see that thing on DVD's about "Not for public viewing" i thnk that applies to CD media as well.

spazz31585

4W4K3 said:
You can rip a CD to your own personal PC and use it instead of he CD. Just don't distribute, or publicly share the media.
You can also burn a music CD, and keep it as a personal copy. Just don't re-distribute, if you're the only one who uses it that's totally legal.

Now if you set up speakers in your lawn and charged people $.50 to listen to your music, that would be illegal, even though you aren't really distributing anything. You always see that thing on DVD's about "Not for public viewing" i thnk that applies to CD media as well.

preciate the info.
makes me feel a lot more at ease. lol

Raditz

Well gee. I can't count my songs. I have 12 n each folder. and 1 in 1 folder. and I have 6 folders all together. and I delete one song in folder. :D I'm about to get more from a friend and 2 more new cds.