How Secure Is Your Password?

PCunicorn

I think it would be kinda cool to see how secure everyone's password is.

https://howsecureismypassword.net

My main password would take a day to crack, my email password would take 22 years to crack, and my password for the account or 2 I keep most secure would take 4 million years to crack.

spirit

Staff member
Not kidding at all, it said it'd take about 6 sextillion years to crack one of my passwords and 412 years to crack one of my others.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Lol only 12?
Mine has 24. ^^

But that doesn't mean anything...any password can be cracked fast if you know how.

spirit

Staff member
How do you remember it? Must be over 12 characters long.

25 with letters and numbers. I remember it alright. ;)

If I make the last letter a capital letter it says it'd take about 5 octillion years to crack. ;)

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Good luck with that :good:

Hehehe I bet if you put super long complicated password on your Windows account,I would be able to get rid of it in less than 10 minutes and then easily log in. ;)
And yes I know that HASH cannot be undone... :D

Darren

Staff member
Cracking a password by force is different than bypassing it or whatever technique you're planning on doing. I'm guessing the way this site views cracking is by just brute force trying different combinations.

larsch

Hehehe I bet if you put super long complicated password on your Windows account,I would be able to get rid of it in less than 10 minutes and then easily log in. ;)
And yes I know that HASH cannot be undone... :D

Well, first you need to find out where I live. Then you have to break into my house.

Agent Smith

13 thousand years to crack my eBay password and PayPal password.

58 years to crack one of my E-mail passwords.

Edit- I goofed. My eBay and PayPal passwords would take 23 trillion years to crack.

Last edited:

PCunicorn

25 with letters and numbers. I remember it alright. ;)

If I make the last letter a capital letter it says it'd take about 5 octillion years to crack. ;)

Yeah I suppose it's not impossible. Beta Archive requires a ridiculous password, like 15 characters, capital letters and lowercase, numbers, special characters but I remember it. It would take 322 septillion years to crack haha. And it beats yours! :p

spirit

Staff member
Yeah I suppose it's not impossible. Beta Archive requires a ridiculous password, like 15 characters, capital letters and lowercase, numbers, special characters but I remember it. It would take 322 septillion years to crack haha. And it beats yours! :p
Pretty sure 5 octillion is a higher number than 322 septillion - given that 'sept' is 7 and 'oct' is 8.

So you all went there with your browsers and typed in your passwords!
The password is only useful if the site could find out usernames and what the password is for.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
11 minutes to crack mine, it's the same password for every account I own :p

Now THIS ONE is worth hacking.Sorry man...I gotta hack you:
hacking.gif

:D:D:D