How to NOT get raped by Apple..

massahwahl

VIP Member
I also have a blackberry for work and it can't hold a stick to the interface of my Touch. I want an iPhone really bad now, but hate AT&Ts plans and rates, and their coverage sucks IMO, but I can't justify dropping $600 for a phone so I can unlock it and toss it on T-Mobile.

I mean web browsing on a touch versus my Blackberry 8330 is night and day difference. My blackberry sucks a big one, and I am using the Opera mini browser on it.

If you jail break your iPod touch it opens up a whole world of apps for you as well. It is almost like a pocket computer that plays music.

I'm in love with the Opera browser! I will say that I have not had the chance to play with the web browsing on the itouch so I really can't comment on it but overall I've never been a fan of touch screens.

Here in Ohio ATT has the absolute best coverage. My girlfriend has a phone with my plan and a verizon phone from her parents former contract. Her Verizon looses service in some stores and several times lost service during our trip to Myrtle Beach in September, while our ATT service ONLY lost service when we drove the tunnels in West Virginia. I used to have Sprint and well, no one needs to tell you how miserable their service and customer support is!

I've hard good things about T-Mobile though.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I'm in love with the Opera browser! I will say that I have not had the chance to play with the web browsing on the itouch so I really can't comment on it but overall I've never been a fan of touch screens.

Here in Ohio ATT has the absolute best coverage. My girlfriend has a phone with my plan and a verizon phone from her parents former contract. Her Verizon looses service in some stores and several times lost service during our trip to Myrtle Beach in September, while our ATT service ONLY lost service when we drove the tunnels in West Virginia. I used to have Sprint and well, no one needs to tell you how miserable their service and customer support is!

I've hard good things about T-Mobile though.

Yeah the opera mini is like a billion times better than the bb browser, but safari on an ipod touch or iphone is a billion times better than that. I wish I could screen capture my ipod touch, I would post videos of what I am talking about, and do side by side comparison to my blackberry, which is 3G CDMA through verizon.

My blackberry is for work, and we have gone throgh: nextell, sprint, verizon, ATT, and my personal cell phone is T-Mobile. T-mobile has the best coverage nation wide hands down in my personal experience. I have traveled all over and my phone always got way better reception than my work phones ever did.

I don't know why you hate on touch screens so much, but to each their own I suppose. I am telling you though just browsing through multiple pages is so bad ass and smooth. I was looking up movie times, the weather, my email, and logged into my personal web site all at once. Seeminglessly switching between pages with my ipod touch.

I just need to figure out how to make a mobile version of my site to make it so it loads perfect on the hand helds.

gamerman4

Not saying any names, but I love how people frown on those who mention piracy, when you know damn well you do it yourself. I wouldn't go so far as to call you a hypocrite, but.... yeah, you're a hypocrite.

lol
that's like saying, I'm not gonna call you retarded.....but you're retarded! :p
I don't frown on all pirates, I think breaking the law can sometimes get things done right (Spore for example) but when you can pay a small monthly payment and get as many DRM-free songs as you want and often at the same or higher bitrate (higher than limewire and other similar P2P apps, torrents are a different story) as those that you can pirate, then it is a good alternative since it doesn't break rules. I think any service that requires a pay-per-song policy won't work in tody's world where people want thousands of songs and want to download hundreds more. How would you possibly fill up a 160GB iPod with legal music if you have to per for every single file?

Also, about the opera browser. I have an Archos 604 Wifi with a touchscreen (30GB HDD) and the opera browser is so much better than my PSPs browser even though the PSP has a faster CPU and more RAM.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
yeah ipods are pains in the ass if you insist on doing things legally.

(i'll go ahead and shut up now)

What are you talking about?

I have an ipod video, I buy my music of the Itunes store and have no problem whatsoever.

rickydumm

Most likely that software does something that is illegal. You may not be modifying the DRM file but I would consider it under the category of "circumventing".

Why call it illegal?As far as I read that Tunebite "legally re-records" the files, it does not in any way modify the original drm'ed files.
So my thoughts are,feel free to correct me, as far as I know in the Windows accessories there's a little proggie called sound recorder which records what comes through your soundcard, this also works with any music u might listen The basic principles are the same, only the quality is way better and u have more options when using a certain program for doing the recordings.If that option exist in windows and is perfectly legal, why should such programs be otherwise.

netrick

Has anyone tried Radiotracker? The May 2008 issue of Maximim PC magazine gave this one of their "softy awards". I have not tried it so I cannot vouch for how well it works, but Maximum PC seemed to like it. It looks like the software itself costs $40, but there is a free trial. http://www.maximumpc.com/article/maximum_pcs_sixth_annual_softy_awards?page=0%2C2

Quote from the description.
If you don’t mind compromising a smidgen on audio quality, Radiotracker offers an incredibly easy way to build a huge library of free—and legally acquired—digital music.

Just a thought on a legal way to download songs.

rickydumm

Never did try it, but I also read about it when I was poking around some sites on the web.It's quite interesting the idea to get a lot of music legally.Tell me how it works if u try it.