I got IP banned from a forum, what can I do to get back on it?

Dizzy714

The PS3 Forums to be specific, which are linked to your actual PSN account. Basically I got banned for 3 months from the site on my main account for saying ONE negative thing about a person on the forum out of self defense. So I log on another account to email the Admin that locked the thread [which I guessed was the one who also banned me] simply to message him asking why I wasn't given a warning, how that was fair, etc etc - instead of having the courtesy to message me back, he put a 6 month ban on that account and raised my official account to 6 months as well. So I logged on yet another account and messaged one of the many moderators of the forum instead, asking how I can reach the main main Admin of the site because I needed to speak with him - a few hours later go by and I go to the site an I'm IP banned. Can't even view the forums as a guest now, all because I simply tried talking to an Admin of the site - UNFAIR.

So with that said, I thought some of you may know how this works an what options and tools forum admin has when it comes to stuff like that. And if there's something I can do to workaround this. If it means anything, I'm under Time Warner's Road Runner connected through a Netgear WNR3500 router.

Yeah, next time don't mess with people? You were banned for a reason, then you made the situation worse by harassing the admins. After the 6 month ban you should have just gave up.

Dizzy714

The dude called me a scum in life and wished death on my PS3, I simply said I'd smack him in the ****in' mouth if he had the nerve to say that shit outside of the internet. There's trash talk going on ALL the time over there and nobody gets banned. It's rare that I even make a post over there. And how exactly did I harass the admin? You kidding? I signed onto another name and emailed the Admin that banned me ONCE, in a polite fashion, and the guy didn't have the courtesy to even respond - instead he banned that account too and upped the other. So I signed onto another PS3 account I have, not to message him, but to message a moderator to simply find out who the main Admin is and how I can contact him. That was it. So tell me how I was harassing anybody guy? By simply trying to get in contact with the main head of the two Administrators [found out there's two, the guy who's doing the banning isn't the main main head] is harassing? Get outta here. My ban was unfair to begin with, let alone getting permanently IP banned to the point where I can't even view the site completely for trying to get in contact with the site's leader - that's unacceptable, sorry but no.

Now can anybody else who understands help me out?

Dizzy714

Literally one small negative comment, out of self defense, isn't enough to get banned like that without warning, sorry. Like I said, people bash the hell out of eachother over there on the daily and nothing is taken into effect with any of them. So for some odd reason, a non-regular poster, I'm getting treated unfairly. Sad how you two are siding with my consequence. PERMANENTLY banned for trying to get in contact with the administrator? Really!?

Dizzy714

wow, death on your ps3. real bad.

I took no offense to it, I thought it was funny because I'm not one of them nerd ass kids who's lives revolve around a video game system. But of course I'm gonna respond to the comment for calling me a scum for how I play a certain video game, so I simply told him I'd smack his ****in' mouth if he'd dare say that outside of the internet. How that's worth a 3 month ban? Especially when this dude came at me more rotten than I did and got no consequence, doesn't make sense.

Gooberman

xD i'm on dial up so it took awhile to load the page ^_^ i need to get some sort of broad band for my 360 :mad: (AND YES i can connect to xbox live with dial up xD just can't do nothing with sliver)

Dizzy714

Alright I'm viewing the page through a proxy, and they took my remark out of my post. Why didn't they take the other guys remark out too then?

None of the glitches found in the COD games will harm your account. Unless you're on 360 and have the system modded to perform them crazy hacks that are going around on the 360 right now, then I can see accounts getting nerfed. MAYBE even the 10th prestige hack, but I haven't heard of anybody getting screwed over with that either [I didn't do this one, shortens the lifespan of the game way too much].

Gooberman

Alright I'm viewing the page through a proxy, and they took my remark out of my post. Why didn't they take the other guys remark out too then?

None of the glitches found in the COD games will harm your account. Unless you're on 360 and have the system modded to perform them crazy hacks that are going around on the 360 right now, then I can see accounts getting nerfed. MAYBE even the 10th prestige hack, but I haven't heard of anybody getting screwed over with that either [I didn't do this one, shortens the lifespan of the game way too much].

Microsoft bans your console so you can't just come right back xd

Rit

It's great seeing "Banned Xbox 360 For Sale" on craigslist/E-bay... They get what they deserve!

Dizzy714

From moddying their systems though right?

Back on topic for a minute. Weird. I unplugged my router and connected my computer directly to the modem, and I can get back on the site again [obviously not log in, but yeah].