I got IP banned from a forum, what can I do to get back on it?

87dtna

The admins really frown on having more than one account, probably why you were banned even further.

The only solution is to get a different IP address.

DaveSi677

with all honesty... I play COD and I can't stand that glich!

But you know the rules of the forum weren't to post topics about it... however I am a Admin on a big car forum and I do agree that he could of given you a warning with a 2 week ban. I think they made this something bigger then it was!

So now stop using that glich!!!

Dizzy714

The admins really frown on having more than one account, probably why you were banned even further.

The only solution is to get a different IP address.

Well, the difference with this forum is that your PSN account is linked to that forum. So if you've never been on the forum in your life but have signed up for a few PSN accounts on the PS3, you automatically have accounts to post on the forums with. And that's what I logged on with after I was put on a 3 month ban with the original name, other names I already had, not new one's that I just created. So, since I have a modem that runs a Dynamic IP - it should switch within a week or so? I just found it weird how at the moment I kinda have two IP's, as in the one with the modem connected directly is different than the one when it's connected through the router.

with all honesty... I play COD and I can't stand that glich!

But you know the rules of the forum weren't to post topics about it... however I am a Admin on a big car forum and I do agree that he could of given you a warning with a 2 week ban. I think they made this something bigger then it was!

So now stop using that glich!!!

No worries, I think the patch for it is already in effect - I know it was released in EU early yesterday, NA was supposed to get it later on that day too but it never came through - so I'm guessing when I turn on my PS3 today I'll see the patch. An I don't think discussing the topic is prohibited there, but how to do it probably is, I dunno I wasn't the thread creator I just chimed in an gave my 2 cents.

tlarkin

VIP Member
You got banned because the guy wished your PS3 doom and you threatened him personally. It takes two to tango but you took it too far and made it way personal.

Also, glitching is for lame asses who can't play the game which is why I usually only play on dedicated servers so people that glitch and grief get banned permanently. I have had to ban so many griefers on L4D 2 server that would just pop in and start friendly firing people like it was funny.

Dizzy714

You got banned because the guy wished your PS3 doom and you threatened him personally. It takes two to tango but you took it too far and made it way personal.

Also, glitching is for lame asses who can't play the game which is why I usually only play on dedicated servers so people that glitch and grief get banned permanently. I have had to ban so many griefers on L4D 2 server that would just pop in and start friendly firing people like it was funny.

I understand that, but other dude didn't get any consequence - therefore, unfair play.

An I can play, trust. I'm just taking advantage of something that's being abused by almost everybody while it's available. Like I said on the PS3 forum, I don't camp out like a scrub to get an 8 killstreak so I can do the glitch, that's not my style of play - I run n gun, and if I happen to get 8 kills in a row I'll unload the glitch, if my team starts falling behind then I stop and get back to the objectives.

tlarkin

VIP Member
There is right and there is wrong and while this is a video game and pretty insignificant to anything in real life, I will parallel it to a real life situation. People out there steal things, therefore it is common practice, and you know it is wrong, but you do it because other people do it. That is the mentality you are displaying here.

That is hardly an excuse, sorry I got no sympathy for you, and like I said he wished death on your PS3, on a non living object. Which is childish, but you threatened him personally which tells me two things. One, you sound like an Internet Tough Guy, and two, seriously dude you broke the rules and threatened someone, you were the root cause of the whole situation, and you don't realize it. You need to look at it from a different perspective, step back from it all and look at it form the outside. You need to realize you are at fault here. You broke the rules discussing a glitch, admitted to using the glitch and then threatened someone personally. If you had not broken the rules in the first place by discussing a glitch then that argument would have never taken place.

Dizzy714

Hey guy, wake up - discussing the glitch isn't prohibited on the forum. There's 100's of threads about the glitch, discussing how to glitch is an entire different thing. I dropped my two cents by saying I use the glitch in the thread. If the developer of the game would of had a beta, the glitch would never of been given life. There's NUMEROUS things ****ed up in the coding of MW2, they're at fault for glitches like these popping up.

And why is it that when someone steps on the internet they're automatically looked at as an e-thug if they bring out violence? Like real badass dudes aren't allowed to touch the internet or something. I've been a 'tough guy' my whole life, proud of it? No, that's why I cleaned up my act over the years. You guys are purposely skipping over the fact the dude straight up called me scum. I'm sorry, you give me any kind of verbal assault I'm gonna give you the opportunity to show you can say the same words outside of the internet. That's all I was saying when I said I'd slap him in the ****in' mouth if he had the nerve to say it outside of a forum. The only rule I broke was threatening someone. So you, sir, fail at criticizing my faults by missing 2/3 - you lose. A simple threat like that does not deserve a 3 month ban, let alone an IP ban for trying to get ahold of an site Admin. **** yer sympathy.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Hey guy, wake up - discussing the glitch isn't prohibited on the forum. There's 100's of threads about the glitch, discussing how to glitch is an entire different thing. I dropped my two cents by saying I use the glitch in the thread. If the developer of the game would of had a beta, the glitch would never of been given life. There's NUMEROUS things ****ed up in the coding of MW2, they're at fault for glitches like these popping up.

And why is it that when someone steps on the internet they're automatically looked at as an e-thug if they bring out violence? Like real badass dudes aren't allowed to touch the internet or something. I've been a 'tough guy' my whole life, proud of it? No, that's why I cleaned up my act over the years. You guys are purposely skipping over the fact the dude straight up called me scum. I'm sorry, you give me any kind of verbal assault I'm gonna give you the opportunity to show you can say the same words outside of the internet. That's all I was saying when I said I'd slap him in the ****in' mouth if he had the nerve to say it outside of a forum. The only rule I broke was threatening someone. So you, sir, fail at criticizing my faults by missing 2/3 - you lose. A simple threat like that does not deserve a 3 month ban, let alone an IP ban for trying to get ahold of an site Admin. **** yer sympathy.

Dude it is over the internet man, who cares? 99% of the people that would call you names on the net don't have the balls to do it in real life to your face. Chill out man, and next time someone calls you a name on line just drop it.

Dizzy714

I feel compelled to back my name up when it gets thrown with negativity, that's just how I am.

Anyways, should my IP change anytime soon since my ISP provided me a modem with a Dynamic IP? Like I said earlier, when I plug my modem directly it gives me a different IP than it gives while the router is hooked up. I'm hoping that the router doesn't save one permanent IP.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I feel compelled to back my name up when it gets thrown with negativity, that's just how I am.

Sometimes you just got to be the bigger person, plus it is the Internet where tons of people say stuff all the time they would never say in real life.

Anyways, should my IP change anytime soon since my ISP provided me a modem with a Dynamic IP? Like I said earlier, when I plug my modem directly it gives me a different IP than it gives while the router is hooked up. I'm hoping that the router doesn't save one permanent IP.

Most likely not, DHCP, by design always requests the same IP it has previously leased, and if they are running layer three switches things can be shifted around on your network and you can still get the same IP. It also depends on the lease time itself. To give you can example my Dynamic IP from my ISP has changed maybe 5 to 6 times over the past 4 years total.

Dizzy714

So then I'm guessing leaving the router disconnected for a few days wouldn't do any good either. I was finally able to get ahold of the site Admin, finally. So hopefully the dude will be somewhat understanding and in the least un-ban my IP.

tlarkin

VIP Member
So then I'm guessing leaving the router disconnected for a few days wouldn't do any good either. I was finally able to get ahold of the site Admin, finally. So hopefully the dude will be somewhat understanding and in the least un-ban my IP.

Well, that depends on their set up. If the IP you had was up for it's lease and another newer client came on it could technically take your IP. However, some ISPs just assign a block or use static DHCP to manage them. It really depends on how the network admins control their network with your ISP. The only way to know is to call them direct and find out.

Dizzy714

I called the other night and they said they don't know exactly how often it changes but they think it changes every week or so. But if the router sticks one and keeps requesting the same one, that's not gonna work.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I called the other night and they said they don't know exactly how often it changes but they think it changes every week or so. But if the router sticks one and keeps requesting the same one, that's not gonna work.

Go swap out your modem, it will have a new MAC address on it and probably create a new lease with a new IP. That will probably change your IP instantly. Most broadband companies have offices where you can just drive up to and swap out your modem. Tell them you think it's dead and they will just swap it out no questions asked usually.

codeman0013

It appears you broke the rules on their forum.. He locked the thread becuase petition and glitch discussions are against the forum rules over there.. I would have stopped after the first ban man not to sound mean but when you bug moderators and admins you are more likely to get banned for longer..