I got IP banned from a forum, what can I do to get back on it?

tlarkin

VIP Member
It appears you broke the rules on their forum.. He locked the thread becuase petition and glitch discussions are against the forum rules over there.. I would have stopped after the first ban man not to sound mean but when you bug moderators and admins you are more likely to get banned for longer..

I think this guy is hard headed, but I think he is trying to get around the IP ban to contact a moderator to see if he can get his ban shortened and maybe apologize for acting that way.

PohTayToez

I really don't think you got banned so much for the verbal retaliation, but more for cheating and being openly proud about it and thinking that it's ok because "everyone does it". That kind of talk just rubs some people the wrong way. Like me.

ganzey

banned
^^might as well pick them up. it will olny be a matter of months until they figure out a way to unban them, or reflash the bios to change the serial number or something

PohTayToez

^^might as well pick them up. it will olny be a matter of months until they figure out a way to unban them, or reflash the bios to change the serial number or something

Yeah, I don't really think so. XBoxes are designed a bit different than computers, in that many more measures are taken to prevent tampering.

Recently, the chip that prevents unauthorized peripherals from being used on the XBox was cracked, which you may take as evidence that others might be able to crack whatever controls the banned serial number, but I'd say it's about the opposite if you look into what had to be done. It was only accomplished by a military security expert, using a quarter million dollar piece of equipment, destroying dozens of these chips in the process.

http://www.toptechnews.com/news/Hacker-Cracks-PC-Encryption-Chip/story.xhtml?story_id=0330014YYGNO

I'd imagine that the 360 will be superseded by whatever next gen console there will be before anyone comes up with a way to unban an XBox using any sort of method that might become wide-spread.

I got banned from somewhere too and I'm not sure what details the staff there have stored since I even registered when I went on holiday and still caught on somehow :/ I mean it's just when I sign up with PCs/phones/etc. In my area even if it's an IP address when I'm in a different country...what the he'll?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I got banned from somewhere too and I'm not sure what details the staff there have stored since I even registered when I went on holiday and still caught on somehow :/ I mean it's just when I sign up with PCs/phones/etc. In my area even if it's an IP address when I'm in a different country...what the he'll?

Please refrain from digging up two year old threads.

Okedokey

What the OP is forgetting is that forums aren't public. They're private paid for areas and if they ban you its completely in their right. Doesn't have to be fair. Get over it.