i need a cheap card

Mez

lol you'll probably end up finding a psu that will be DOA and ruin his computer :D j/k =P

kookooshortman55

Haha well I got my 500W for $50. Starting to have second thoughts on the fan though. The power is good, but I read reviews about the fan hitting the grill. =/ It's also really loud but hey, I probly saved $50 by getting this one. Haha.

Mez

OR he can get a ATI HD 2600XT, its better than the 8600gt, and wayyyy cheaper (around 30-40$)

notsmart101

im not going to be ordering this stuff offline, and e ceapest power supply around here is a 400 watt for 30 bucks, and my budget is 80 bucks so yea

kookooshortman55

Okay well then I don't know what to tell you. If you're not looking to upgrade later, I guess just go with the 8500GT, and maybe get like a 350W PSU. You won't be able to play GRID or Crysis or anything like that but it will run old games like BF2, CS, and the Orange Box games fine. Regardless of budget I think you should save up and go for the 8800GT with a cheap PSU. You will most likely get a better card later as newer games are coming out, and with that you will want a PSU. Might as well get it now. Unless you only have $80. 8800GT is about triple the price of an 8500GT but has at least 15 times the performance. And the video card prices on BestBuy.com are twice as expensive as the cards on NewEgg.com

notsmart101

well im not really a huge computer gaming guy...i just want the games i do play to look good without spending alot and without getting a new power supply....and from what ive heard i could et away with a 250 watt power supply with a 8500gt or 8600gt

kookooshortman55

notsmart101

im not getting one from bestbuy...there prices suck....im getting it from computer discount and there prices are about 10 bucks more then new egg

notsmart101

im not ordering offline and that cards kind of expensive at my computer place and i dont think a 250watt power supply will run that

yea i know thats why im trying to see if i should get the 8500gt OR the 8600gt i posted on the last page

i am not a hard gamer i have no need for a 8800gs and i dont have the money

Last edited:

kookooshortman55

Well what games do you play? You might be able to get away with the 8500GT. Cheaper, uses less power, and runs most of the older games.