i need a cheap card

kookooshortman55

Well, technically it's very easy to install a new power supply. All you do is unplug whatever's plugged in, unscrew it, and then put in the new one. The only tricky part is organizing everything so you get good airflow in your case. Might be a good idea to pick up some small zip-ties before you install it =P And although that's a cheap PSU, you want to make sure it has good reviews. The power supply is the most important part of the computer, think of it like the heart. It powers everything, and you don't want to get a bad one because then the whole computer dies. Sometimes permanently if the PSU sends out crazy voltages before it dies. I'll look around for a good PSU, give me like 10 minutes.

kookooshortman55

Okay found a couple. Either of these should suit you quite well and they are very cheap. Great reviews. One has a 120mm LED fan, the other has an 80mm fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182016

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006

Keep in mind the second one has an 80%+ efficiency and also has free shipping right now. The other one is $11 for shipping. For the first one, I would go for if you just want the LED, or have really base case ventilation, the fan should help. The second one has a high efficiency meaning it uses 80%+ of the power it takes from the wall, meaning a lower energy bill and a cooler PSU (less energy is given off as heat).

notsmart101

wow the computer place near me has the 2nd PSU you listed for 30 bucks as well...i could just pick that up from there put it in and wait for my card from newegg

kookooshortman55

Yeah okay. For your setup I would recommend the second one. Now just good luck getting that card! You could always do what diduknowthat said and buy a gift card thing. Haha they sell them at most supermarkets I think. Might be easier to spend the extra $5 than to ask ur dad. =P

kookooshortman55

I mean, you can, but it's highly not recommended. I bought an 8600GT when I was fairly new to building computers. I wanted better graphics so I bought a graphics card. Then I had power and cooling issues. It still ran but it was hot and the power supply was obviously overloaded, it got very hot too. I had to play with the case open and a desk fan blowing into the case. I bought a slot fan and it kinda helped, but I still had to play with the case open. Finally I replaced the power supply with this 500W one and I can finally say my computer is stable. If you got the video card a day or two before the power supply you could try it out on the 250W, but for continuous use, stick with a better power supply.