I want to buy a monster PC...

DanTheMan

kk, guys... hold on, i am gona review it

but can i take out some of the harddrives... i dont think i could fill those up even if i tried

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
lol, yeh, that is near on 850Gb, even with DVD ripped movies on there thats gonna be hard to fill. perhaps ease up on the 147Gb secondary's

dragn2309

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
uh, why does one of the links go to computerform? And what motherboard does that barebone have? Does it even support SLI? And i think those cpu's are OEM so you might need some heatsinks ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but can i take out some of the harddrives...
Make sure you dont break the RAID5 config though.

lol, yeh, that is near on 850Gb, even with DVD ripped movies on there thats gonna be hard to fill.
Well theres the lets-put-all-my-movies-on-hdd as well as lets-record-me-playing-videogames-at-35MB/s-for-a-few-hours ;)

And what motherboard does that barebone have?
Well look it up ;) (it's also referred to in my post)

i think those cpu's are OEM so you might need some heatsinks
True indeed they are. It's not a lot of work to find retail versions for them so ill not bother updating

Last edited:
if he bought that..... that would be probally be the fastest consumer owned computer.... when the time comes he should deffitanaly buy the 1.2 petabyte hdd hehehehe

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
if he bought that..... that would be probally be the fastest consumer owned computer....
Would be up there but for sure not the fastest, depends how you define 'fast'

TheChef

How do you think those benchmarks would look? I know breaking 20k in 3DMark05 is hard, but I've never seen such a machine...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
How do you think those benchmarks would look? I know breaking 20k in 3DMark05 is hard, but I've never seen such a machine...
Sorry, I play games and do work, I dont play 3dmark. Furthermore, 3dmark is stupid benchmark to run here :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Well theres the lets-put-all-my-movies-on-hdd as well as lets-record-me-playing-videogames-at-35MB/s-for-a-few-hours ;)
good point, but that wasnt outlined in the original specification so it wasnt taken into account in that quote.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
good point, but that wasnt outlined in the original specification so it wasnt taken into account in that quote.
Due to the subjective nature of the original requirements and given the significant budget, it seemed fair (and would be the only thing to make the system balanced)

In particular:
I use my PC for intense gaming, multi-tasking, and media junk.
i want a media center...
are highly subjective terms.

TheChef

Why would you say? The video subsystem is not very special, we have people who have that already, but with 128GB of RAM and those Opterons I would think it'd be a little impressive, probably moreso on PCMark.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you say? The video subsystem is not very special, we have people who have that already, but with 128GB of RAM and those Opterons I would think it'd be a little impressive, probably moreso on PCMark.
1. You didnt say PCMark
2. I highly doubt PCMark is optimized for 16-way computing
3. If you notice, that's server memory, not mainstream memory.

TheChef

1. I realized after thinking about your post that 3DMark wouldn't yeild anything spectacular, so I changed it.
2. Good point.
3. I did notice, would that take away from the glory of 128GB though?

O

OutcastedHeretic

Praetor I have a question when you made the computer things that shows the budget, excuse me for this extremely dumb question, how do you do a mail in rebate on the internet?

I wish i could be dantheman ur so lucky

wanna trade bodies lol

Last edited by a moderator:
dont spam your posts so your count gets higher. if your going to add something to what you said edit your original post

*edit* with that much ram you could preload your files onto your ram and never have to wait for anything hahahhahahaha

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. You've been banned before about making multiple posts. Please learn your lesson
2. You read the iunstruction for the rebate

Last edited: