i7 Temps worry

mihir

VIP Member
Lets start over now because I don't remember and I'm not reading 12 pages again.

What temps are you getting with the TRUE?

I will sumarize.It was decided that I will be RMAing my chip but the problem was my retailer was not taking it back and I wasnt able to find a service centre.So now I found one.So I am asking what should I tell em to RMA my chip since with stock cooler my temps at 80% usage cross 100C and with TRUE they cross 80C.
So I have a hot chip.
And telling him I have used aftermarket thermalpaste be against me or for me.
I need to convince him to take the chip back.

87dtna

Ahh, well sounds like there's a problem with the CPU's heatspreader. It happens, sometimes the cores do not make good contact with the chips heatspreader, production flaw.
Intel chips come with a 3 year warranty, I don't know what the hell his problem is I think he made up this one year thing just to get you out. If you'd have came back at 8 months he'd have probably said his warranty was 6 months.
As for the paste, it does not void the warranty. That would be completely insane if it did because that would mean that you would not be allowed to ever remove the chip after it's installed.

mihir

VIP Member
Ahh, well sounds like there's a problem with the CPU's heatspreader. It happens, sometimes the cores do not make good contact with the chips heatspreader, production flaw.
Intel chips come with a 3 year warranty, I don't know what the hell his problem is I think he made up this one year thing just to get you out. If you'd have came back at 8 months he'd have probably said his warranty was 6 months.
As for the paste, it does not void the warranty. That would be completely insane if it did because that would mean that you would not be allowed to ever remove the chip after it's installed.
Ok so I will RMA it.Hopefully I will be able to convince them to get a new chip and also hopefully I get back a D0