i7 Temps worry

mihir

VIP Member
This is furyrosewood-

escape_fail21.jpg

Guys come-on he was just trying to help me

@picture LOL

FuryRosewood

i was trying to give advice on what i thought might help the situation but the intel fanboys inflated their ego ballons...so seriously eh, if he wants to rma the chip to fix his problem ok, but im still not quite sure its going to fix the problem, i dont often hear of chips going bad...

87dtna

haha if I was an intel fanboy than I wouldn't own an AM3 setup for my backup now would I?

This isn't about ego, it's about people (IE: you) giving advise on stuff they don't know about.....and then when we tell you that you're wrong, well thats just our ego's ''balloning'' (lol, spell check works you know)

Chips going bad....rare? yes.....but it happens. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it can't happen to someone on here.

Last edited:

mihir

VIP Member
i was trying to give advice on what i thought might help the situation but the intel fanboys inflated their ego ballons...so seriously eh, if he wants to rma the chip to fix his problem ok, but im still not quite sure its going to fix the problem, i dont often hear of chips going bad...

They were just kidding.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks

mihir

VIP Member
I have coolermaster HAF 932 and didnt change or install any fans and have all the stock case fans

Remeniz

I have coolermaster HAF 932 and didnt change or install any fans and have all the stock case fans

Woah! lol

So you have enough air entering the case then.

If your stress temps were in the mid 80's then yea that'd be fine. But something's wrong.

What heatsink and fan are you using?

mihir

VIP Member
Woah! lol

So you have enough air entering the case then.

If your stress temps were in the mid 80's then yea that'd be fine. But something's wrong.

What heatsink and fan are you using?

I got a defective chip will RMA it and also I got the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme

87dtna

Yeah that one is SUPER rough. I don't know what Thermalright was thinking when they made the surface machined finished like that. With the rev C the grooves are literally 1/2 as deep as the B.

mihir

VIP Member
Ok I finally found an Intel service centre in India.The retailler refused to take back the processor because he covers only 1 year of the warranty.
So what should I tell those guys at the intel service centre and also should I tell them about aftermarket Thermal Paste. And what should I tell them to about the temps.

linkin

VIP Member
Ok I finally found an Intel service centre in India.The retailler refused to take back the processor because he covers only 1 year of the warranty.
So what should I tell those guys at the intel service centre and also should I tell them about aftermarket Thermal Paste. And what should I tell them to about the temps.

All you really need is a new cooler, some thermal paste and some isopropyl alcohol. Of course RMA the chip first if you think it's a problem.

Last edited:

mihir

VIP Member
All you really need is a new cooler, some thermal paste and some isopropyl alcohol. Of course RMA the chip first if you think it's a problem.

I already have a TRUE 120 Rev C
I have mx2.
And i have cleaned and used the paste again again and again so no point.
still with the new cooler the idle temps are above normal which they should have been with the stock cooler.

87dtna

Lets start over now because I don't remember and I'm not reading 12 pages again.

What temps are you getting with the TRUE?