Ie7 Vs. Ff

tlarkin

VIP Member
the anti phising feature is annoying, and it causes longer load times when it runs.

FF2.0 is great, i just wish faster fox would work for it, and they improved tabbed browsing even more. FF2.0 also has a built in spell checker, and it will spell check everything you type on it from internet forums, to online forms, etc.

Firefox is still the best browser because of all it can acheive with its added content. Also, in FF2.0 they seemed to have merged all themes/extensions into one easier to use and manage interface. The UI is stream lined and doesn't seem chunky like IE7.

I still use IE 7 for real heavy active x websites, i also hate active X websites they suck.

PC eye

banned

Good Catch there! shady, it only confirms that FireFox .2.0 would be an improvement over IE 7. :)

Thank you shady this is something I was looking for.

I told you shady was the smart one around here. The annoyance found with IE 7 is the links toolbar added. Instead of the tab at the end of explorer bar. Now you have to extend that along with the new menu bar as well. The option for text or icons alone will be another disappointment for some.

Burgerbob

IE7 died on me. All of a sudden, there were no bars or anything... so i uninstalled it, have the latest FF2 running. Works like a charm, specially with the AdBlocker extension. Go FF.

Nini

hmm. I'd say that ff is much better. with the extentions you can customize it to work better and fit you.

oh and a dissapointment on my comp IE7 twitches and flickers when writting in the address bar :|

Redbull{wings}

i have both but i still use ff partly because 1.5 and ie6 made me a firefox fanboy so im loyal to it and also because i love my extensions/themes(when i get bored with this new 1)

tlarkin

VIP Member
Plus, you should support the open source community, they are making all those products for firefox for free.

Duffman656

I have always been an FF fanboy, (Haha,) but I seriously do dislike IE7 in comparison to FF. FF to me anyway seems faster, has more abilities, (For example if your computer for some reason crashes firefox, or closes for any reason other then hitting the X button, it has a restore session ability.) So yeah...... I think it's faster, more features, better look, more addons, and just simply better.

maroon1

until now I didn't have any problem with both IE7 and FF.
The think that a like about IE7 is the tabs. the tabs in IE are easier to use and it is more organized than FF.

But I still prefer to use FF because it has spell checker. I do a lot of spelling mistakes.

maroon1

Also, I forgot to say that in FF, when use the find option, you don't need to write the full word to find it. FF will highlight the letters that you write by red.

Also, you can use "Highlight all" to highlight all the words that you want to find by yellow color.

Thats one of the most important reasons that make me love FF

tweaker

VIP Member
apj101 said:
while on the topic, what is everyones impression of ff2

Well i find it more stable than 1.5, and I like some of the features. What I dont like about it is that it's rather slow, no matter warm or cold it's still slow. And I don't like the closing x on each tab, it is easy to accidently close a tab when clicking on it.

Geoff

VIP Member
I like FF2 much better, especially with the spell checker. But what still annoys me is the memory leak.