Ie7 Vs. Ff

tweaker

VIP Member
maroon1 said:
FF2.0 stores recently closed tabs.

So? I still think it's bad that they put the x on every tab. And yes it uses way to much memory. :rolleyes:

But it's staying on this machine, for now..

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Firefox is pretty bad for memory usage but even IE7 isn't that good. One thing I do like about IE7 is that when you minimize it it will free up a majority of the memory it is using and only take more memory when you go to view the tabs (does firefox do this too now?).

Dylan_

banned
I haven't got either but will be getting both soon (very soon). Does IE have the tabbed browsing style as of number 7? What has changed for IE and FF?

Thanks,

PC eye

banned
IE 7 has a single large tab on the explorer bar that shows what site you are on and what page(#5) as well. You don't have the links tab on the right side anymore however. That is now a separate tool bar. :mad: ! But they added a links folder at the top of the favorites column. FF2 has separate page tabs there with boomarks also seeing a toolbar and opening a left column like favorites does in IE. The Windows version of FF2 and IE 7 strive to look like each other now. :rolleyes: or :D ???

tweaker

VIP Member
angry.jpg

Did I mention I absolutely hate that x on every tab? Damnit I accidently closed a tab in which I had written quite a long post.[/rant]

Anyway, who's trying out fasterfox 2.0.0? :)

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I know, those damn Xs are too easy to click on when you are trying to change tabs. I wasn't to keen on tabbed browsing when everyone was on about how great it is, but I have to say I do like not having 8+ windows open when I'm queuing up search results or forum sections and what not. I still don't think tabbed browsing is such a fantastic must have feature but it's pretty ok :)

PC eye

banned
FireFox 2.0 not "FasterFox 2.0" has been running since it was released here. Tab browsing is still an option with it while IE 7 has one big tab now being seen by default as soon as you open your home page with the first window. You will now see a little wheel spinning in one corner of that while waiting for a page to load as well. Plus you are stuck with the "new tab" button right next to it. On the default here you see the web site IE address icon followed by "Ie7 Vs, and Ff -Page 5 - Computer Forum" for this page alone. Don't you just llove the way MS now puts that sort of "in your face"?! :p

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Non-tabbed browsing is still an option for IE7, it's on one of the internet properties tabs...ironic :p

PC eye

banned
True but MS made sure that you see it enabled to give IE 7 that "new look"! :eek: it's so different! Right! Like you really need it? :rolleyes: I just love "unchecking" things rather then checking them off. Don't you? :p (it's auditing time. please make sure you "check off" everything carefully now... blah... blah...:cool: beam me up scotty in a hurry! :D )

tweaker

VIP Member
PC eye said:
FireFox 2.0 not "FasterFox 2.0" has been running since it was released here.

Fasterfox 2.0.0 is available.

Well I've got somewhat used to FF2.0, I've finally got around to fix my site that now should work properly under FF.

www.tweaker.se

Hehe, now to actually get some content in there.

Last edited:

maroon1

So far I didn't have any problem with FF2.0.
And I strongly disagree with people who say that FF takes a lot of memory, because I always open a lot of tabs, and at the same time I listen to music by my WMP11 and I use yahoo messenger at same time, and FF doesn't freeze at all for me

tweaker

VIP Member
maroon1 said:
So far I didn't have any problem with FF2.0.
And I strongly disagree with people who say that FF takes a lot of memory, because I always open a lot of tabs, and at the same time I listen to music by my WMP11 and I use yahoo messenger at same time, and FF doesn't freeze at all for me

What makes you think it would freeze? It leaves quite the footprint and most people knows that for a fact. :)

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
Honestly, the weirdest part of running FF 2.0 is like the first week I run it, its memory leak city. Now after the first week, its like performance haven.

I think perhaps there is some sort of virtual memory hump that happens with firefox, not sure though.

Impr3ssiv3

i like firefox because of the customizeability of it and the skins. right now i have a nice smooth clean mac skin to match the rest of my other skins(windowblinds and cursorxp)