I'm considering a new e-mail provider

Del

I dislike hotmail/MSN and Yahoo. I can't use Gmail because I use google search occasionally. I currently have 30gigs.com. I'm looking for free e-mail with AT LEAST one gig of space, and preferably lets you click without waiting for the page to completely load. I want a site that is multi-window/multi-tabbing friendly, possibly without 50 ads per page (if so they must load at a decent dial-up speed). After the myusername@ I want something simle, perferably short and easy to spell. Minimum downtime, anti-adware in adverts, and browser/online based is a must.

I know this seems like a lot but it's really just a bunch of little minor things. If you can't help I understand but if you can please at least try to be somewhat objective.

PC eye

banned
inbox.com offers 5gb at the present time. All spam goes into a spam folder there which still is annoying once you give your address out "anywhere". An even better one without the large capacity is seen at http://www.nospammail.net/ Fast.FM Absolutely "no spam" makes that a great one for a free guest account. The limit there is only 10mb. :( The enhanced $39.95 paid account sees only 2gb.

codeman0013

I'm confused if you use google y cant you use their email even if you dont i use gmail for all my forums its great...

Laptop

I used to have G-mail. But I dont like the skin of it. I like hotmail and yahoo. Hotmail is quicker than yahoo. and there is more option on hotmail. I have an official e-mail address for my business purposes.

PC eye

banned
Hotmail is still Hotmail unfortunately despite any improvements over the years. Hotmail receives all mail mixed together in one window while others separate spam for any you have set as approved into inbox or spam folders. The Fast.FM service is totally free of ads which are deleted automatically before even reaching any of your folders as well as having a better spam reporting option.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
why do you dislike hotmail?

ive used it for ages and never had any problems with it,I get emails usualy in seconds.

PC eye

banned
When Hotmail was used here some years back the amount of incoming spam said it all. Even an account at inbox.com will see spam but sent into a spam folder separate from the inbox. Hotmail always lacked that as well as the free accounts at several ISPs where spam is mixed right in with any valid emails.

Del

Thank you, I'm checking it out right now.

I'm confused if you use google y cant you use their email even if you dont i use gmail for all my forums its great...
It's spelled "WHY", and my spelling isn't that great, 'i' as a pronoun should be capitolized.
Because ALL search engines collect data on all of your searches, ALL browser e-mail services read you e-mail, automatically. Then at least most of this information is stored on the site's servers. Normally to target ads (automatically) but crackers(illiegal hackers) and governments(with a court battle) can access that information on you. If both your e-mail AND your search info was all in one place instead of two that's really bad, someone could know more about you than your closest friend or parent.

yeah, i didnt quite understand that, i think Gmail is awesome and what effect would it have with your searches? lol
See above, and if you search while logged in you add a name, not just a computer code or ISP, to the searches.

And easy and small, myusername@ gmail
I also don't like gmail because I tired to make an account with them. I don't remember what I didn't like about the registration prossess but I do know I didn't used to like YIM(forgot why) when I tried it years later(recently) it still caused big computer problems. So no, I'm not going to try it again. Besides this ISP and Computer often uses Google search and my parents search for some odd stuff, pulus the random stuff I search for.

Yeah Gmail is the best, why can't you use it? I don't understand... :S
'Best' is a ****ing opinion, much better written posts (3) were posted before yours adverising gmail. If you guys aren't being paid you should be because you especially sound as if you are. Me not likly gmail is a personal choice, it's you who doesn't understand, it's you who confuses opinion with fact, it's you who needs to stop playing for two seconds and have a discussion that leads to looking something up, like that water isn't wet, or what the definition of 'fact' is compared to the definition of 'opinion'.

If you want something besides a Google search the InfoSpace toolbar combines Yahoo, ask.com, and others along with the Google search engine. http://www.infospace.com/home/tbar/ You don't zinged as much with adwares and it comes with a good popup blocker.
I think FireFox (1.8 I think) has a similar search thing built in. What do you mean by 'zinged'?

pretty cool thread and checking the links aswell! :)
Thank you, it's nice to know I'm not the only person unable to use search engines well enough to trust the results for being the extent of what you wanted to find.

I used to have G-mail. But I dont like the skin of it. I like hotmail and yahoo. Hotmail is quicker than yahoo. and there is more option on hotmail. I have an official e-mail address for my business purposes.
1. I heard hotmail accounts get a lot of spam because the @hotmail is so popular that spammers can make random lists of possible e-mail adresses and spam them.
2. I just don't like hotmail, okay?

Hotmail is still Hotmail unfortunately despite any improvements over the years. Hotmail receives all mail mixed together in one window while others separate spam for any you have set as approved into inbox or spam folders. The Fast.FM service is totally free of ads which are deleted automatically before even reaching any of your folders as well as having a better spam reporting option.
The truth is I don't like hotmail because I had trouble getting a spare/fake account started. I know that sounds silly but that's another reason why I dislike them. I used to have a hotmail account many(no clue how many) computers ago. I used yahoo for spare e-mails but after the recent IM issue with them I'm hesitant to rely on them. I also dislike the new layout they are switching to.

why do you dislike hotmail?

ive used it for ages and never had any problems with it,I get emails usualy in seconds.
Read above
Oh, I just remembered, hotmail was having troble with registration e-mails for a site I really wanted to join.

When Hotmail was used here some years back the amount of incoming spam said it all. Even an account at inbox.com will see spam but sent into a spam folder separate from the inbox. Hotmail always lacked that as well as the free accounts at several ISPs where spam is mixed right in with any valid emails.
Better said than the way I said it, thank you.

PC eye

banned
Your welcome! The "zingers" are typical adwares you get stuck with with Google, Yahoo, and other toolbars added onto IE not Firefox. Firefox is the current version out from Mozilla.org at the moment. In fact I wish they had a Firefox version for the same toolbar since it combines various search engines rather then being stuck with just Google or MSN all the time.

Yahoo, ask.com, ads.com, and occasionally depending on the extent of a search a few others in addition to Google are used and show results from those combined. That can make like a little easier when one search engine turns up nothing while another finds what you are looking for.

Del

My FireFox does have a built it search bar, if you click the G icon you can switch to a different search or load a plugin for a new one.

PC eye

banned
One at a time there. The toolbar used here displays results from the different ones all at the same time in one search. That can save quite a bit of time trying to run individual searches on each engine separately. Plus I can open Thunderbird from IE with the current one by assigning that as the default mail handler over OE. But the Google toolbar would have to go if they ever did come out with one for Firefox.

Emperor_nero

Thank you, I'm checking it out right now.

It's spelled "WHY", and my spelling isn't that great, 'i' as a pronoun should be capitolized.
Because ALL search engines collect data on all of your searches, ALL browser e-mail services read you e-mail, automatically. Then at least most of this information is stored on the site's servers. Normally to target ads (automatically) but crackers(illiegal hackers) and governments(with a court battle) can access that information on you. If both your e-mail AND your search info was all in one place instead of two that's really bad, someone could know more about you than your closest friend or parent.

See above, and if you search while logged in you add a name, not just a computer code or ISP, to the searches.

I also don't like gmail because I tired to make an account with them. I don't remember what I didn't like about the registration prossess but I do know I didn't used to like YIM(forgot why) when I tried it years later(recently) it still caused big computer problems. So no, I'm not going to try it again. Besides this ISP and Computer often uses Google search and my parents search for some odd stuff, pulus the random stuff I search for.

'Best' is a ****ing opinion, much better written posts (3) were posted before yours adverising gmail. If you guys aren't being paid you should be because you especially sound as if you are. Me not likly gmail is a personal choice, it's you who doesn't understand, it's you who confuses opinion with fact, it's you who needs to stop playing for two seconds and have a discussion that leads to looking something up, like that water isn't wet, or what the definition of 'fact' is compared to the definition of 'opinion'.

I think FireFox (1.8 I think) has a similar search thing built in. What do you mean by 'zinged'?

Thank you, it's nice to know I'm not the only person unable to use search engines well enough to trust the results for being the extent of what you wanted to find.

1. I heard hotmail accounts get a lot of spam because the @hotmail is so popular that spammers can make random lists of possible e-mail adresses and spam them.
2. I just don't like hotmail, okay?

The truth is I don't like hotmail because I had trouble getting a spare/fake account started. I know that sounds silly but that's another reason why I dislike them. I used to have a hotmail account many(no clue how many) computers ago. I used yahoo for spare e-mails but after the recent IM issue with them I'm hesitant to rely on them. I also dislike the new layout they are switching to.

Read above
Oh, I just remembered, hotmail was having troble with registration e-mails for a site I really wanted to join.

Better said than the way I said it, thank you.

Look dude just cool down, I think your over reacting to this they were just giving their 2 cents.

And I think your being a bit paranoid about Email providers reading your email, have you ever read the privacy policy? Here's yahoo's read the third paragraph.
http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/mail/details.html

Plus this is an online forum not grammar school.

Last edited:

Del

One at a time there. The toolbar used here displays results from the different ones all at the same time in one search. That can save quite a bit of time trying to run individual searches on each engine separately. Plus I can open Thunderbird from IE with the current one by assigning that as the default mail handler over OE. But the Google toolbar would have to go if they ever did come out with one for Firefox.
Oh, I must have misunderstood you. That does sound like a cool toolbar!

Look dude just cool down, I think your over reacting to this they were just giving their 2 cents.

And I think your being a bit paranoid about Email providers reading your email, have you ever read the privacy policy? Here's yahoo's read the third paragraph.
http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/mail/details.html

Plus this is an online forum not grammar school.

No, I wouldn't say paranoid because I know this and still gladly use online/browser e-mail. I've just seen people who realize that about one e-mail site and then dis the site useing that information while promoteing a site that does the exact same thing, just less openly.
Okay, but somehow I find that hard to truly believe. For one, there is a cache, and two I said automatically. Even if there aren't legal-talk loopholes in it and they aren't lieing there is still the search, and when something is purpacely made to have no loopholes you can normally tell by the style in which it's written.