I'm considering a new e-mail provider

Del

What part of I NEED Web-based did you not understand?!?!?!?!!!!!!

What part of I DO NOT LIKE GMAIL is too hard to read?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

And if I failed to mention it earlier, I'm looking for something that is free, and is good free.

PCeye, thank you for sticking around with this thread but I fear that all future replies will be half-assed. So if this thread gets locked I want you to know I appreciate your help.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
gmail is webbased and gmail is free. Plus you can run gmail in html mode which barely takes up any resources :) Ahah just kidding.

Soooo what exactly are you looking for? Something that is free, low bandwidth, web-based, small name and virus protected?

PC eye

banned
gmail is webbased and gmail is free. Plus you can run gmail in html mode which barely takes up any resources :) Ahah just kidding.

Soooo what exactly are you looking for? Something that is free, low bandwidth, web-based, small name and virus protected?

Apparently you don't READ too well! :confused: :p That is not an acceptable solution. Del is looking for an "alternative"! and that's that! :p

The service shown earlier doesn't offer any big storage as you can see there. But the only things ever seen are the banner ads you have to put up with. The "only" mail that comes in is from your contacts. The inbox.com eventually will see a ton of "spammation" :eek: in the separate spam folder while offering the 2-5gb whatever for storage. It does lack some other things you may want there.

PC eye

banned
The only thing I can add at this point is try different ones out to see which one you are going to stay with. The two I mentioned earlier just happen to have some degree of spam control while many others don't. But even with an ISP account still active you can go online to access it there.

Del

The service shown earlier doesn't offer any big storage as you can see there. But the only things ever seen are the banner ads you have to put up with. The "only" mail that comes in is from your contacts. The inbox.com eventually will see a ton of "spammation" :eek: in the separate spam folder while offering the 2-5gb whatever for storage. It does lack some other things you may want there.

I just noticed that Inbox.com spams it's users o.o

I withdraw what I just said, Del you have no idea what you want.
>Dial-up friendly
>Corrupted couputer friendly
>easy to use
>resonable space
>reliablility

thieves

The only thing I can add at this point is try different ones out to see which one you are going to stay with. The two I mentioned earlier just happen to have some degree of spam control while many others don't. But even with an ISP account still active you can go online to access it there.
That's a pain in the butt, and I hope to not be using this ISP much longer @.@
Especailly if DSL becomes availible in this area.

30gigs just ALL my e-mails... I need help T_T

PC eye

banned
For a 30gb account you will have to start looking at subscribed not free accounts. Seeing 2-5gb is about tops for any free ones. Like I said inbox.com separates spam into a separate folder like MS has finally done with Windows Mail as it now called in Vista. Only those on the "safe list" make it to the inobox. Even dsl here only alots so much. Commercial accounts for businesses, colleges, and museums are the one that provide that type of larger capacity.

Del

1. I don't give a shit.
2. I have mentionsed on just about every past page, I DON'T LIKE OR WANT TO USE YAHOO.
3. Thank you for making me feel smart.

Del

Whenever I searched I just got the usual hotmail, gmail, yahoo... I'm really bed at searching and but asking I thought I would also get reviews of them from people that use them.

PC eye

banned
Fastmail gets the best review here. Absolutely "nothing" ever comes in except the occasional newsletter by the provider there unless you add new contacts and expect mail from those sources. But the limits on how much can be stored depends on the membership. For large capacity accounts you are getting more into the commercial type of account there.

dhaynes

Fastmail gets the best review here. Absolutely "nothing" ever comes in except the occasional newsletter by the provider there unless you add new contacts and expect mail from those sources. But the limits on how much can be stored depends on the membership. For large capacity accounts you are getting more into the commercial type of account there.

I'd have to agree with PC_eye, Fastmail is probably going to be the best alternative. I did some searching and the only other alternative I could find was Postmaster , which looks like a pretty decent UK based site.

I know you don't like the Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail trio, but honestly with all of the features that you asked for it's going to be really difficult to find a reliable alternative that has all of those features and is free. There is a reason Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail are said to be the best free web mail sites/have a large user base you know.

Del

Ya I know, I just really thought that there would be a good e-mail provider with little users because the site was so plain, black and wite, or something. A girl can dream right?

PC eye

banned
Due to the amount of users looking for free accounts you will find the 2-5gb seen at inbox.com one of the highest capacity sites. The providers want space reserved for the paying customer in most cases. Even with your regular ISP I see 8mb or a similar size there as a standard. And those have to have some large setups to handle the volume of mail being sent out as well as received.

Can you imagine how slow it would be if everyone had a 30-50gb inbox on their ISP account? Sending an email might take hours or even a full week?! :eek: To speed up services they obviously have to set limits. Commercial on the other hand is separate for large companies and organizations. You can be sure they pay out a good price.