installed new mobo and lights flicker wont start

mtb211

lol they charged me 7 dollars for shipping , im sure i wont see these til next week, but thanks again for giving me those!!

I swear all this stuff came with my last mobo :(

mtb211

someone told me to use 3dmark06, in call of duty MW 2 are you maxing out the settings? I have MW2 for the ps3, i wouldnt be suprised if there is no dev console because of no Dedicated servers, so there might not be any Draw_FPS command, youll have to use 3d mark :)

Im guessing it looks good though ?:D

Im sure someone out there knows a better way

smoothforprez

someone told me to use 3dmark06, in call of duty MW 2 are you maxing out the settings? I have MW2 for the ps3, i wouldnt be suprised if there is no dev console because of no Dedicated servers, so there might not be any Draw_FPS command, youll have to use 3d mark :)

Im guessing it looks good though ?:D

Im sure someone out there knows a better way

with fraps on mw2 all maxed out at 1680x1050 i get about 60fps

mtb211

thats nice man , really nice

Stranglehold i think you are right, i think it is shorting out, nothing else will make sense, ill start the pc on a wood table, this way i can make sure

mtb211

so prez! i have good news, well kinda... for you at least hehe (since you recommended these parts)

I just had someone give me a power supply tester at work, I plugged in my 20+4 pin and the +5vSB is the only one that lit up, when I tested another power supply, the 3.3 v -12v -5v etc all lit up and the cpu fans went on, unlike mine :/

I think its good news, now i need to find a computer shop where I can buy a new power supply, unless Im making some sort of mistake

smoothforprez

so prez! i have good news, well kinda... for you at least hehe (since you recommended these parts)

I just had someone give me a power supply tester at work, I plugged in my 20+4 pin and the +5vSB is the only one that lit up, when I tested another power supply, the 3.3 v -12v -5v etc all lit up and the cpu fans went on, unlike mine :/

I think its good news, now i need to find a computer shop where I can buy a new power supply, unless Im making some sort of mistake

Sweet so now you finally no what the problem is.

Do you have a microcenter nearby?

mtb211

nah man i dont! I think there is one closer to my house but not really on the way, there is a best buy in wilmington Deleware (tax free) which I might just go spend 120 dollars on some overpriced corsair, I really just cant wait until monday or tuesday for it to be shipped.

Thanks for sticking it out with me, now well just hope it boots up without the bios needing to be flashed or something stupid