Internet on wireless network

apj101

VIP Member
bobo repeat everything in #15 (this is the sort of standard stuff you nee to do when findout out where the error is)
post answers to the same questions as in 15

Bobo

banned
OK, it is back again on my desktop. :)

The only thing I can figure is that whenever it boots up after having reset the BIOS (which it does every time the power is cut), then it works. This is the third time that it has done that.

Does anybody have any ideas why it does that? :confused:

Tapir

I am not sure but here is what I did with the "hansomely" built e-machine.
I re-installed win xp. I went through the usual motions of drivers etc. Then in device manager there was only one device not completely set up. I downloaded the drivers for the netgear wireless wg311 v2. I first ran the utility and nothing worked. So i uninstalled it. Ran reg mechanic. I rebooted and when the "found etc etc" tingy came up I used the wizzard to install the drivers and Bingo that was it. I am now flying all over the internet. Eveything auto set itself.
Hope yours holds up. I did try all that i had recommended and what others told you especially what apj101 had said. But this time around it did not help. Just simply letting the wizzard install the drivers did the trick.

Bobo

banned
Tapir said:
I am not sure but here is what I did with the "hansomely" built e-machine.
I re-installed win xp. I went through the usual motions of drivers etc. Then in device manager there was only one device not completely set up. I downloaded the drivers for the netgear wireless wg311 v2. I first ran the utility and nothing worked. So i uninstalled it. Ran reg mechanic. I rebooted and when the "found etc etc" tingy came up I used the wizzard to install the drivers and Bingo that was it. I am now flying all over the internet. Eveything auto set itself.
Hope yours holds up. I did try all that i had recommended and what others told you especially what apj101 had said. But this time around it did not help. Just simply letting the wizzard install the drivers did the trick.

Before I reformatted and reinstalled about a month ago, I used to have to do that every time I rebooted. But it never comes up again, I wonder if that is why.

But now that I think about it, reinstalling the drivers didn't do a damn thing last time :(

Oh, I am soooo confused:confused:

Why do I have to get the hard computer problems?:mad:

timothyb89

I dought anyone will read this, but I managed to solve the problem, and I know why you never went to Linksys Support. They aren't exactly pros...

But anyway, to fix the WRT54G DHCP problem, you need to download and install the firmware update to upgrade the router frem ver. 3 (or 2; not sure) to ver. 4. Mine's working perfectly now.

Just to add: I had gone to my local Office Depot in search of a network card for my laptop. I asked an employe for the cheapest one the had- but it wasn't made by Linksys. He warned me that it would probably not work as non-Linksys products don't work very well with Linksys prodcts. I assured the man that I would probably get it to work.
I've now decided that I should have told him that even Linksys products don't work with each other.