iPhone 5

FXB

What about the rumor that the iPhone won't have any physical buttons? Seems false but I could see the phone without the home button.

FXB

I don't see the point in getting the iPhone 4 Apple was only trying to catch to the other manufacturers. I'm thinking iPhone 5 should be a good refresh.

dellxps420

banned
I don't see the point in getting the iPhone 4 Apple was only trying to catch to the other manufacturers. I'm thinking iPhone 5 should be a good refresh.

but thats not going to come a yet they have just brought the iphone 4 in well not just

powerpack

banned
Wasn't that more of an iPad rumor? But anyway could be. I mean I can see. I have an Epic 4G and a PC so I kinda think Apple sucks. But I know I am biased. I do like the feel of the iPhone4 much better than mine. And my cousin has an iPad and thought that was very cool. But when I get down past look and feel Apple always loses. I guess I am just a power whore?

FXB

Check this out. It's the buyers guide from Macrumors.com scroll done to iPhone and you will see the average life cycle for the iPhone is 218 days we are now at 214 days since the last update.
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
I'm not saying the new iPhone is coming out next week but all the other updates were done at WWDC which is usually held in June. Chances are they will announce the new iPhone then and it will ship in the following weeks.

FXB

Wasn't that more of an iPad rumor? But anyway could be. I mean I can see. I have an Epic 4G and a PC so I kinda think Apple sucks. But I know I am biased. I do like the feel of the iPhone4 much better than mine. And my cousin has an iPad and thought that was very cool. But when I get down past look and feel Apple always loses. I guess I am just a power whore?

The iPad2 was originally expected to release in the spring but apparently they are going to hold back for a bit I can't remember where I read this.

Geoff

VIP Member
What about the rumor that the iPhone won't have any physical buttons? Seems false but I could see the phone without the home button.
I can definitely see that. My Droid has capacitive buttons and they are MUCH better then physical buttons, that way even the slightest touch activates the button, you don't need to use physical force like on the iPhone/iPad. Even without any buttons, I can see it working.

Are you referring to the Verizon iPhone 4? The iPhone 4 itself came out last year and included lots of new features and has a physical chassis refresh as well. If the past shows us anything, we are due for another slight upgrade such as the iPhone 3G > 3GS, but who knows, maybe they will do a complete refresh with the iPhone 5 and then a minor upgrade to include 4G.

Here are some interesting ideas
http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-6454_7-10002721.html?s=0&o=10002721&tag=mncol;page

• Built in IR
    Biometric security
    HD output
    RFID
    Removable battery
    more memory
    expandable memory
    better home screen
    Facetime without Wifi
    Flash support
    Better Camera
    Dual-Core processor
    Better 3D graphics
    Better Battery life
    Bigger display
    Better Antenna
    4G integration
The iPhone will never have IR or a removable battery, and very unlikely that it will have expandable memory or flash support. I can very easily see HD output via the dock connector, biometric security, and the usual better battery/faster/more memory.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I think they'll improve the hardware, put a couple of little useless things on it...and use the same os, making it feel just like the iphones before it.

FXB

Are you referring to the Verizon iPhone 4? The iPhone 4 itself came out last year and included lots of new features and has a physical chassis refresh as well. If the past shows us anything, we are due for another slight upgrade such as the iPhone 3G > 3GS, but who knows, maybe they will do a complete refresh with the iPhone 5 and then a minor upgrade to include 4G.
I'm referring to the iPhone 4 released on AT&T in june of last year. Yes they're were significant changes in the iPhone 4 build. As far as other phones on the market, they were just trying to stay current.
The iPhone will never have IR or a removable battery, and very unlikely that it will have expandable memory or flash support. I can very easily see HD output via the dock connector, biometric security, and the usual better battery/faster/more memory.
One can always wish. RFID would be awesome but business need to integrate the technology. They probably won't for another year or 2. At least in North America.

FXB

I think they'll improve the hardware, put a couple of little useless things on it...and use the same os, making it feel just like the iphones before it.

You must reckon that there have been some significant changes since the firts iPhone release in 2007.

Troncoso

VIP Member
You must reckon that there have been some significant changes since the firts iPhone release in 2007.

I don't reckon as much. There have been improvements to the thing. But to me, if you keep the OS exactly the same, it's just take the same thing and adding better parts here and there

Geoff

VIP Member
I don't think so. The look of the OS has remained practically unchanged since it was introduced, with the exception that you can now have custom backgrounds. The OS itself is starting to look dated with all the new features that Android offers.

vnsmith

banned
whatever the iPhone 5 has, one things for sure apple will make sure that this will surpass the iPhone 4

speedyink

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1585276 said:
I don't think so. The look of the OS has remained practically unchanged since it was introduced, with the exception that you can now have custom backgrounds. The OS itself is starting to look dated with all the new features that Android offers.

I agree. My itouch bores the crap out of me with its extreme like of any sort of customizing. The biggest breakthroughs they had were backgrounds and folders..

Geoff

VIP Member
I agree. My itouch bores the crap out of me with its extreme like of any sort of customizing. The biggest breakthroughs they had were backgrounds and folders..
Both of which the underground community came up with. Honestly, everything that Apple includes in an update that they claim was a breakthrough (backgrounds, copy/paste, folders, multitasking, etc.), was created by people who jailbroke their phone. Apple just seems to take others work, tweak it a little, and pass it off as their own ingenious idea.