iPhone 5

Troncoso

VIP Member
I hardly consider any of that ingenious ideas. Maybe if it wasn't something you'd find on every device with a processor in it, then yeah Itd be cool. Now they are just with the times

Geoff

VIP Member
I hardly consider any of that ingenious ideas. Maybe if it wasn't something you'd find on every device with a processor in it, then yeah Itd be cool. Now they are just with the times
Whenever Apple introduces something, they play it off as a revolutionary idea. We now have copy and paste, this will change the way the world uses smartphones... It's the way they introduce things that give everyone the idea that they created it.

speedyink

VIP Member
Yeah, like how the new shuffle has 'revolutionary' and 'new and easier to use' clickable buttons, lmao. It's like identicle to two versions ago, they just fixed a major mung up on the previous version.

OverClocker

you think they are gonna release iphone 5 that soon? i think it is too early but i dont mind. it is a win win situation.

FXB

you think they are gonna release iphone 5 that soon? i think it is too early but i dont mind. it is a win win situation.

Yes look at there cycle. Since the first announcement of the iPhone in June 2007 they have always introduced the iPhone then.

bkribbs

Here are some interesting ideas
http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-6454_7-10002721.html?s=0&o=10002721&tag=mncol;page

• Built in IR no
    Biometric security ...what
    HD output maybe
    RFID ...what?
    Removable battery no
    more memory no
    expandable memory no
    better home screen eh
    Facetime without Wifi thats carrier not apple
    Flash support hahahahaha... no.
    Better Camera yeah
    Dual-Core processor maybe
    Better 3D graphics eh
    Better Battery life always
    Bigger display no
    Better Antenna haha i sure hope so
    4G integration thats iphone 6

And they may remove the home button and replace it with a touch sensitive area

FXB

[-0MEGA-];1589906 said:
Most of those I already knew, but I'm surprised he didn't mention that there might be an iPhone 5 this summer.

It seems obvious they have ad the same refresh cycle since the original launch in 2007.

FXB

As the launch of the next iPhone approaches, what do you think will be included in this revision? 64 gb model? Edge to edge display? no more glass back?

FXB

iPhone 5?

Probably thinner
Probably no antenna issues
Probably minimal new features.
I'm with linkin probably a wider display but nothing major in this revision because if we look at all the iPhones since the original release it as been as so.

The original iPhone
iPhone 3G which gave well 3G
iPhone 3GS which was faster but no visibile changes everything was under the hood.
iPhone 4 Complete redesign of the phone as far as the phone. (different case extra camera)
iPhone 5 would have to be faster and possibly some light tweaks on the cameras and such.
Apple has appear up with all new attending for iPhone 5 and it is accepted that its architecture would draft abroad everyone's thinking. This new design of iPhone 5 would be stunning enough to captivate everyone's eyes. I can very easily see HD output via the dock connector, biometric security.
I hope you're kidding.

1337dingo

not sure bout iphone 5, i'm at the moment tossing up between an iphone 4 or samsung galaxy, but if iphone 5 comes out prices of iphone 4 will go down so thats a pluss, but if iphone 5 looks good i would want that haha

bkribbs

Not reading the other posts, but here is it.
Hardware wise:
-the A5 chip in the iPad 2
-slightly better camera
-the back may be made of aluminium

Software:
-iOS 5 will be introduced which will contain some of the following:
-overhaul of the notification system
-possible gestures (probably not)
-possibly photobooth
-radio will be introduced eventually, noone has any clue if now, or in 5 years

I will add to this as I find more out.

1337dingo

Hardware wise:
-slightly better camera

Software:
-possibly photobooth

and hopefully stop my ipod from just starting to play music for teh lulz, seriously my ipod sometimes just breaks out into song and dance since IOS 4 and beyond

speedyink

VIP Member
Hardware wise:
-slightly better camera

Software:
-possibly photobooth

This sounds the most accurate to me. Except;
I have my doubts on a better camera.. They just caught up to the 5mp standard now, and Apple's not one to lead the way in camera technology.

Software wise I sure hope the notifications gets a major overhaul. The way it is now always reminds me of error messages.

Gestures and Radio I seriously doubt for the next version.

bmx4637

Apple has historically been releasing new phones every year around june/july so the next phone (I think is going to be iphone 4g/4gs) will prob be june/july 2011 and then the iphone 5 in june/july 2012. I wish I had this phone lol but I'm still loving my metro with unlimited everything for $60 a month man :D