Is it really that much cheaper..

sun_kissed_0

Yeah I'm not gonna risk anything. I'm not going to put my new stuff in the crappy one. And thanks, the power supply thing is a good point. Thanks for the link too, I've already seen that thread, but I'm gonna need it when it comes time to make one. :)

pies

Take that old one apart and try putting it back together like you said.
Its not hard putting one together it just might take a little time to learn.

Dystopia

Another thing. I have this desktop computer that I got for free from an office that was relocating. I wanted to play around with it a while ago and never did. I shouldn't put my new parts in there just to test them out right? I think i'm just gonna open it up, maybe disect it, see if i can put it back together. And learn kinda hands on now before i put the important stuff together. Sound like a good idear?? :)
Go ahead and take out and put in the parts that are in there right now and get a feel for how to put together a computer. If you take ot the CPU, make sure that you have enough termal grease on on the heatsink/cpu!!
FOUND MY CASE!! ....maybe. I'm gonna check it out in person first though. Bad side is that it doesn't come with a power supply :/ oh well. It's my style "sleek and classy"
now that case kicks @ss!!! Wonder if its actaully as glossy as it looks!

sun_kissed_0

You would buy the second one because of the inside of it and everything or just the way it looks? Because I know you shouldn't trust the user ratings, but most of the people found the other one better. Why do you like the second one better?

pies

I like the look, the placement of the hard drive bays, and it looks a bit more solid.
I'm not sure if the store has one but the antec 300 is a great case and it's flat black.