Is it worth it for me to overclock...?

gillmanjr

LOL I know it won't be cheap guys, luckily I'm a 36 year old professional, not a teenager. My current 27" Dell 1440p is the original model that came out a while ago. It was serious money when I bought it. But its lasted me 5+ years now and is still a good monitor. Well worth it.

gillmanjr

Was that 27" 1440p $1500?

No it wasn't that much. I think I paid $800 at the time. Its the U2713HM. They are still going for upper $400s though, which frankly is shocking to me. I might be able to sell it and get half the money I would need to buy a good ultrawide.

gillmanjr

I did the thermal paste change on my GPU last night and holy crap...what a difference. It is running 10C cooler under load! :eek:

gillmanjr

I have another question guys. Can someone help me to understand what my motherboard is compatible with in terms of NVMe M.2 drives? I'm having a hard time understanding the difference between SATA vs PCIe NVMe drives and what I'm able to get for my current MOBO. It says in the description for my MOBO that it accepts M.2 PCIe Gen2 x2, but when I search for that I can't find any (they are all PCIe Gen3). The link to my board is below, could someone provide a link to either a compatible Samsung or Crucial M.2 NVMe SSD that I could get (the fastest one that I can get)? Thanks in advance.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157501