Is the amd 64 3400, a good cpu for playing battleielf2, check out this newegg speacia

PC eye

banned
That there (was) a 939 64 3400, I know there was I have installed them!

The only information available on a 939 version was a limited production of an oem model with a hypertransport of 800mhz while the same sized 3500+ has the 1,000nhz bus. It had a 512 L2 cache while the 754 version has a 1mb L2 cache. You probably run across a few from the initial batches. The only seemingly solid reference on it having been a great ocing model is seen at http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/227886141.html

Apparently this has been a problem for 2yrs, already on everyone being mixed up on what is what. :confused: :eek: But a little time can be saved here by showing one response from AMD with names edited.

"Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:26:20 -0800

Hello xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting AMD's Technical Service Center.

The Athlon 64 3400+ with the 939 pin supports dual channel memory. The 754 pin version only
supports the singe channel memory. This is the ohly performance difference between the two
processor. However, the 754 pin processor has 1MB of L2 cahce, where as the 939 pin has 512 L2
cache.

Please contact the vendor selling the 939 pin Athlon 64 3400+ processor for further
specifications.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
xxxxxxx
Customer Support Analyst
AMD TSC"

Bobo

banned
who cares whether or not it's a limited production model? It exists, and therefore refutes your statement. Bobo knows because Bobo researches before he talks.

prodigio2k

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo, u guys make it fun to be inthis site. anyhow, please stop using my thread for ur gurly fights. thanks fo rth einput. i ordered the amd64 3700 cpu ratil, the 7600gt ratail vdeo card, and the asus a8n5x mobo-used- from new egg, thanks fo rthe input,ill be getting the stuff tomor, proay for me. and bobo YOU THE MAN!!!

StrangleHold

Staff member
The only information available on a 939 version was a limited production of an oem model with a hypertransport of 800mhz while the same sized 3500+ has the 1,000nhz bus. It had a 512 L2 cache while the 754 version has a 1mb L2 cache. You probably run across a few from the initial batches. The only seemingly solid reference on it having been a great ocing model is seen at http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/227886141.html

Apparently this has been a problem for 2yrs, already on everyone being mixed up on what is what. :confused: :eek: But a little time can be saved here by showing one response from AMD with names edited.

"Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:26:20 -0800

Hello xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting AMD's Technical Service Center.

The Athlon 64 3400+ with the 939 pin supports dual channel memory. The 754 pin version only
supports the singe channel memory. This is the ohly performance difference between the two
processor. However, the 754 pin processor has 1MB of L2 cahce, where as the 939 pin has 512 L2
cache.

Please contact the vendor selling the 939 pin Athlon 64 3400+ processor for further
specifications.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
xxxxxxx
Customer Support Analyst
AMD TSC"

Thats what I said!

PC eye

banned
who cares whether or not it's a limited production model? It exists, and therefore refutes your statement. Bobo knows because Bobo researches before he talks.

Bobo researches what? :rolleyes: Where's your references?

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo, u guys make it fun to be inthis site. anyhow, please stop using my thread for ur gurly fights. thanks fo rth einput. i ordered the amd64 3700 cpu ratil, the 7600gt ratail vdeo card, and the asus a8n5x mobo-used- from new egg, thanks fo rthe input,ill be getting the stuff tomor, proay for me. and bobo YOU THE MAN!!!

The 3700+ will work out alright. i had to throw that in. :p You'll like having the nForce chipset. I've looked boards with VIA chipsets seem to take forever to get through the post tests.

PC eye

banned
Why do you need my references if I'm right?

Toms Hardware charts that I have taped to my walls....

Oh and btw, it is the only skt 939 processor with only a 4x HTT

How come you didn't know it was a limited production model? The idea was to find out and show whether there was such a model since even the AMD cpu chart lacked any reference to it. The only reason newegg is probably showing it now is to fill in the void with AMD taking 939 parts to work on the new line of quad core models coming out. Newegg simply dug up some leftover inventory. The 3500+ is the redesigned 3400+ with the 1000mhz HTT instead of the original 800nhz HTT. Plus it oced too easily according to the link posted earlier. They wouldn't be able sell some of the other models. :p

StrangleHold

Staff member
The only reason newegg is probably showing it now is to fill in the void with AMD taking 939 parts to work on the new line of quad core models coming out. Newegg simply dug up some leftover inventory. :p

Who said newegg had them!! the ones I got, One come from a Compaq I stripped the other two I got OEM from a wholesaler. And that was I guess over a year ago!

PC eye

banned
Who said newegg had them!! the ones I got, One come from a Compaq I stripped the other two I got OEM from a wholesaler. And that was I guess over a year ago!

Apparently you never read a thread from the beginning. :rolleyes: prodigio2k was the one who was asking about the one seen at http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103023 The only you could originally buy them was OEM. They were eveidently sold to pc manufacturers with some available as replacements. That's why even two years ago people were asking the same questions since there was little info even mentioned about them. Everybody was going :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

StrangleHold

Staff member
It wasn't replaced by the 3500+. It was simply removed from production fast when Compaq was bought out by HP where their boards were geared for the 1000mhz not 800mhz HTT. :rolleyes:

It was replaced by the 3500 and (removed from production) means discontuned!

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
You'll be interested to know that TigerDirect was offering bundles with the 3400+ after the 3500+ was on the market in early 2005 before production stopped.