Is thermal Grease Supposed to be applied like this?

Motoxrdude

34erd said:
Increase cooling ehh... I bet the guy who did it is someone from CF and is just sitting here going "Oh sh*t... now they think I'm a dumbass" :p

Can I get a pic of the mobo?
lol, pstt....billy! i think there on to us! hide!

blakey_boy9

oh man, cant say i know much about computers but if thermal paste comes in little syringes it would be common sense that it wouldnt go all over your motherboard, some people..................

Motoxrdude

Yea even if i still had the mobo i still couldnt take pictures because i dropped my digital camera and it exploded on the ground. I need to buy another one for times like these

Rambo

Motoxrdude said:
Yea even if i still had the mobo i still couldnt take pictures because i dropped my digital camera and it exploded on the ground. I need to buy another one for times like these

Man, you should of taken a picture of your camera exploding on the ground! That would've been cool!

M0ddingMan1a

did it look something like this?
pentium4.jpg

but more and with the whole motherboard.

Geoff

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
Photo doesnt show up here.

I think something is actually wrong with my computer, since most of the pics have "X's" in them, so i bet the picture is there for other people.

shupola

geoff5093 said:
I think something is actually wrong with my computer, since most of the pics have "X's" in them, so i bet the picture is there for other people.

cant see it on my computer. must be a bad link or whatever.

Edit: ok, now i see it. lol.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
I dont know how that wouldnt short circuit it or anything, i mean the entire socket is coated with thermal paste!

thermal paste isn't electrically conductive. ive yet to see any grease type substance be electrically conductive. even copper grease with 110 V applied to it wouldn't conduct :)

Motoxrdude

Lol, the guy wasnt that freakin retarded. But almost ;). U know that gap in the middle of all the pins, between the cpu and the mobo, that was completely filled with thermal paste.
Also wouldnt coating your pins like that create a bad connections with the mobo since its not conductive at all?