Is thermal Grease Supposed to be applied like this?

2048Megabytes

Man, talk about someone who doesn't know anything about technology. That is a mistake that is going to cost the buyer some money.

Stoic Sentinel

It's still hilarious... some people are not meant to be left alone with technology :p

Lol, yah, I just read the whole thing, great stuff, have you looked at the article where they apply thermal paste all over the socket to "prevent moisture build-up" or something? :D

Jamin43

banned
Hey,

That was me who purchased your board and put thermal grease all over it --- you mean that wasn't right....

Just kiddin ;)

kamikaze77

tell him that to mix bleach and ammonia together to clean it.

he seems like he would believe you.

(do not really mix the two it makes mustard gas)

linkin

VIP Member
^ lol... speaking of thermal paste, i was re applying some and somehow zapped my cpu... oh well time for a better one!

Laquer Head

Reminds me of the logic in this simpsons episode!

Ned: "Whatcha diddely-doin', neighbor?"
Homer: "Aw, putting speed holes in my car. Makes it go faster."

bomberboysk

Nah, even if the grease contains metal it still doesn't conduct. it will be capacitive which will cause problems with any alternating signal as it has a smoothing effect on the wave
Even though arctic silver claims it is slightly capacitive and non conductive, it still conducts electricity slightly. If i had some as5 here id pull out a multimeter and show the resistance results.

What an idiot is my first thought, for starters its not going to cool anything and most likely will insulate, as well as the fact that alot of thermal greases are electrically conductive.