June Folding @ Home Marathon

MyCattMaxx

Darn hot here too, almost 87f in this room.
But it was mid 80's outside
Kinda hard to keep the comp cool, had to turn on a big fan.

MyCattMaxx

Max doesn't wanna lose his lead :p
The more the merrier.
I'll have to slow down before too long as the weather gets hotter, plus I really need to be doing other things with the comps besides folding.

The only way I see that I could be overtaken now for the month is if bigfella goes to town with his set-up.

wolfeking

banned
do these contest run every month? If so, I might just have to get a GTS450SLI set and a 2600k and OC the heck out of it to do better. Right now my desktop is all that is running though, as I am getting ready to fix my M90 and pull the HDD.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
do these contest run every month? If so, I might just have to get a GTS450SLI set and a 2600k and OC the heck out of it to do better. Right now my desktop is all that is running though, as I am getting ready to fix my M90 and pull the HDD.

They pop up every now and again. They don't run very often. It's usually just a "boost" to the team when someone who regularly folds notices the point total is down.

Am I on the list yet?

Haven't gotten around to updating the spreadsheet just yet. The Extreme Overclocking site was being stupid earlier when I wanted to work on it.

ScottALot

The more the merrier.
I'll have to slow down before too long as the weather gets hotter, plus I really need to be doing other things with the comps besides folding.

The only way I see that I could be overtaken now for the month is if bigfella goes to town with his set-up.

What's your rig anyways, Maxx? You're pulling a lot of points!

I'm using an i7-930, GTX 285, GTX 460. Now that the heat like tripled overnight, I've quit overclocking anything... >:O

jonnyp11

What's your rig anyways, Maxx? You're pulling a lot of points!

I'm using an i7-930, GTX 285, GTX 460. Now that the heat like tripled overnight, I've quit overclocking anything... >:O

He's got one comp running i think a c2q and a 460, then a ton of old P4's running under hid account too, so they add up to a lot really.

MyCattMaxx

I'm running my main comp: AMD FX-4100 with a Gigabyte GTX 460.
I just put together a c2d @ 2.33Ghz that I ran 1 unit on that finished today. I built it for my dad for fathers day for an offline accounting comp.
Plus 2 old P4's.

As you can see I'm only running 5 clients because of the c2d that will quit folding Saturday evening.

FAH.jpg

MyCattMaxx

Projects 8046-8048 are giving out some killer points on SMP.
I think they messed up on the bench test for point rating.
I folded quite a few since since yesterday.
They seem to give about 3-4 times the normal ppd.

jonnyp11

this client is really bugging me, at least once a day i look and one of the things isn't there, so i have to close it and open a new session which pulls another WU for it, then every other day it will show it has a third WU waiting for the other to finish, why can't it always do that

MyCattMaxx

That's kind of odd.
I see your ppd has jumped quite a bit, good going!

I also see that Gooberman has joined the party! :good:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I just run console SMP clients as Windows services. Works much easier :good: