Logitech Z-2300 : Mega Review

taj mahal

Since you adore crispy boom, definitely go for MX-6021. MX-6021 at half the volume are hell loud.

I never told MX-6021 beats Z-623 or vice versa. Different persons have different preferences. They choose their speakers according to that.

Are you also looking for a good 2.1 PC speaker like fromindia?

Ya I am also looking for a good 2.1 PC speakers for upto max of Rs 8000.
And I don't have the luxury to take an audition because they are not available here and will only come on order.
If I could have auditioned them then I would have bought and would NOT be on this forum.
Therefore I really want others opinion before buying speakers.

Also after browsing through some forums I have found out that people are really against logitech.
According to them ONLY logitech produce one way speakers and ALL other leading companies make two way speakers (i.e. with tweeters) which are much better in quality.
Also according to some forums logitech uses cheap material and only want to make large profits and does NOT use high quality material.
I am NOT anti logitech but want to spend 8000 rupees on really quality speakers.
I don't know how important are tweeters BUT it seems logitech is trying cut down the production cost and is considered only to make large profits.

AND as I told you that I want clarity more and according most of the users the huge bass lowers the clarity.
Moreover in mx6021 there are both bass and treble control while z623 only have bass controls.

Last edited:

RishiGuru

Ya I am also looking for a good 2.1 PC speakers for upto max of Rs 8000.
And I don't have the luxury to take an audition because they are not available here and will only come on order.
If I could have auditioned them then I would have bought and would NOT be on this forum.
Therefore I really want others opinion before buying speakers.

Also after browsing through some forums I have found out that people are really against logitech.
According to them ONLY logitech produce one way speakers and ALL other leading companies make two way speakers (i.e. with tweeters) which are much better in quality.
Also according to some forums logitech uses cheap material and only want to make large profits and does NOT use high quality material.
I am NOT anti logitech but want to spend 8000 rupees on really quality speakers.
I don't know how important are tweeters BUT it seems logitech is trying cut down the production cost and is considered only to make large profits.

AND as I told you that I want clarity more and according most of the users the huge bass lowers the clarity.
Moreover in mx6021 there are both bass and treble control while z623 only have bass controls.

Are fromindia & taj mahal the same person? Since both have same problems regarding auditioning.

This answer is quite important since I do not know to whom I am chatting with. Duplicate accounts are quite common in forums you know.

taj mahal

Are fromindia & taj mahal the same person? Since both have same problems regarding auditioning.

This answer is quite important since I do not know to whom I am chatting with. Duplicate accounts are quite common in forums you know.

You are chatting with taj mahal.

taj mahal

Have you heard of Sony SRS DB-500.

Just looked into them.
They seem to be very good.
But could NOT found out there rates as they are NOT available on ebay.
Thanks for suggesting them.
They seems to be awesome.
I will check out local sony store tomorrow to see if they are available.

RishiGuru

I am NOT anti logitech but want to spend 8000 rupees on really quality speakers.I don't know how important are tweeters BUT it seems logitech is trying cut down the production cost and is considered only to make large profits.

You are right on that part. The pair of satellites on MX-6021 definitely costs more than the pair of Z-623 sats. On the other hand the 7 inch bass driver with 130 watts as found in Z-623 cost much more than the 6.5 inch, 68 watt sub of MX-6021.

At the end of the war between the two no body wins. It is a actually no win situation.

RishiGuru

Don't they have 300W of power - 2*75+150

Logitech states that Z-2300 have a Total RMS Power of 200W. Look at the absence of the “continuous” word. Except HiFi systems, you will always find these consumer audio companies talking about “FTC Rated Power”,“Total RMS Power”, “Power”, “Total Peak Power”, “System Power”, “Music Power”, “Peak Music Power Output (PMPO)”,…………….. and the list goes on. But you will never find them talking about “Continuous Power” which happens to be the actual power of the amplifier.

Z-2300 have a 2.5 inch aluminium phase plug driver in each of its the sats while the subwoofer has a monstrous 8 inch bass driver . All together they are capable to handle 120 watt "Continuous Power" of the amplifier.

DB-500 have bog standard 2.5 inch drivers in satellites. They are not aluminium phase plug ones. It has a 6.2 inch bass driver at the sub. All together they are some how capable to handle 80 watt "Continuous Power" of the amplifier.

Dont go into this false power "watts" game. They are all marketing jargon.

Last edited:

taj mahal

You are right on that part. The pair of satellites on MX-6021 definitely costs more than the pair of Z-623 sats. On the other hand the 7 inch bass driver with 130 watts as found in Z-623 cost much more than the 6.5 inch, 68 watt sub of MX-6021.

At the end of the war between the two no body wins. It is a actually no win situation.

What do you will make a larger difference in comparison to 6.5 inch vs 7 inch

OR

2*1 inch neodymium tweeters vs absence of these AND 3 inch vs 2.5 inch mid range drivers.

taj mahal

Logitech states that Z-2300 have a Total RMS Power of 200W. Look at the absence of the “continuous” word. Except HiFi systems, you will always find these consumer audio companies talking about “FTC Rated Power”,“Total RMS Power”, “Power”, “Total Peak Power”, “System Power”, “Music Power”, “Peak Music Power Output (PMPO)”,…………….. and the list goes on. But you will never find them talking about “Continuous Power” which happens to be the actual power of the amplifier.

Z-2300 have a 2.5 inch aluminium phase plug driver in each of its the sats while the subwoofer has a monstrous 8 inch bass driver . All together they are capable to handle 120 watt "Continuous Power" of the amplifier.

DB-500 have bog standard 2.5 inch drivers in satellites. They are not aluminium phase plug ones. It has a 6.2 inch bass driver at the sub. All together they are some how capable to handle 80 watt "Continuous Power" of the amplifier.

Dont go into this false power "watts" game. They are all marketing jargon.

Thanks

It seems sony is using good marketing strategy for their products rather than using good quality products

RishiGuru

What do you will make a larger difference in comparison to 6.5 inch vs 7 inch

OR

2*1 inch neodymium tweeters vs absence of these AND 3 inch vs 2.5 inch mid range drivers.

I takes a lot of money to produce bass than treble. That is the reason why cheap speakers are generally shrilly & lacks bass which common people express as "lack of depth".

With a 1 inch tweeter & 5 watts of power you can produce a lot of treble. You need 5 inch bass driver & 20 watts of power to produce the bass in order to match that treble. That is the reason why bass is way more costly than treble.

RishiGuru

Thanks

It seems sony is using good marketing strategy for their products rather than using good quality products

Leave Sony, in our audio forums we joke about BOSE. In our view BOSE means

BOSE--> BUY OTHER SOUND EQUIPMENT

Last edited:

taj mahal

I takes a lot of money to produce bass than treble. That is the reason why cheap speakers are generally shrilly & lacks bass which common people express as "lack of depth".

With a 1 inch tweeter & 5 watts of power you can produce a lot of treble. You need 5 inch bass driver & 20 watts of power to produce the bass in order to match that treble. That is the reason why bass is way more costly than treble.

So altec is using 6.5 inch drivers for producing 68W of bass AND logitech is using 7 inch drivers for producing 130W of bass.
How do you think they are able to manage it.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
So altec is using 6.5 inch drivers for producing 68W of bass AND logitech is using 7 inch drivers for producing 130W of bass.
How do you think they are able to manage it.

By producing muddy overwhelmingly powerful bass. That's why I'm not a fan of most 2.1 systems. All they can do is shake the house, but most of them are lacking the clarity of a good 2.0 system.