LOTS of stuff FS

jonnyp11

god, i love skyrim but if i had the money i'd take the card and psu, but below it (post 2) there should be a delete option beside advanced options when you click edit.

jonnyp11

i spent everything on skyrim, if we weren't broke i'd force my dad to give me some money since he owes me a good bit. i don't even have anything i think would be worth tradin g or anything unless you like yu-gi-oh cards, i have a good bit of those from a few years ago that according to some site are worth some good money, but nobody pays crap on ebay, auctioned off a small lot of 10+ buck ones and got like 5 for like 70 worth.

but if you still ain't sold this by christmas (unless there is literally a miracle and i get a full build) then i might be able to grab them, fingers crossed though cuz right now i don't think it'll be a merry christmas, although something my dad's been working on for a while might go through and if so he'd get somewhere between 10 to 20k, i wish that would happen early next month

Last edited:
I don't think the gpu is going anywhere. I currently am running it in my pc for a day or so before my GTX 580 arrives so I don't have to use my laptop.

This GTS 250 runs BF3 on medium-high settings at 1080p! With no DX11 of course.

Not bad!

jonnyp11

i want it so i can max out crysis, since my monitor only goes to 1280x1024 i think it can do that fine. then battlefield 2 and 2142 and medal of honor and nfs hot pursuit would also be nice.

Fatback

VIP Member
I don't do much gaming. I play Combat Arms once in a while. Which even my onboard almost maxes out. But I been wanting to reinstall Flight Simulator X and play it again. Which the GTS250 want max out by any means, but it will at least let me play it. I know it will cause my old 4870 ran it pretty good at medium settings and the gts250 is around the same performance. So hopefully I will have the money for it in a few weeks.

CrayonMuncher

i want it so i can max out crysis, since my monitor only goes to 1280x1024 i think it can do that fine. then battlefield 2 and 2142 and medal of honor and nfs hot pursuit would also be nice.

I really hate to burst your bubble but my montior is on 1366*768 (which works out less than 1280*1024) and it still will not max out crysis and I have a gtx 260, its barley playable on medium with the res lowered to 720p, hell, I maybe wrong here but I cant get it up to test it, even when running on the lowest settings fps is still to low to provide consistently playable framerates. crysis is a poorly coded game tho the actual increase in FPS from max settings to medium is like an extra 5 FPS, man I spent ages trying to get it play well, maybe on my next gpu upgrade lol.

I really hate to burst your bubble but my montior is on 1366*768 (which works out less than 1280*1024) and it still will not max out crysis and I have a gtx 260, its barley playable on medium with the res lowered to 720p, hell, I maybe wrong here but I cant get it up to test it, even when running on the lowest settings fps is still to low to provide consistently playable framerates. crysis is a poorly coded game tho the actual increase in FPS from max settings to medium is like an extra 5 FPS, man I spent ages trying to get it play well, maybe on my next gpu upgrade lol.

You have other issues then. Here is a video of my oldest setup with the GTS 250 and that Corsair PSU playing Crysis just fine. I took this video years ago with a prebuilt Gateway and that card. So it is obviously playable. I got an average of 30fps @ 1440x900 res and the ccc config mod, particle mod, and texture mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-vxXl3Lpo

Don't come into a for sale thread trying to ruin sales with info that isn't true.

jonnyp11

i had posted that after looking up banches of the 250 and seen a crysis one that showed it getting good fps on higher settings on 1280x1024, so i know it can do well, and even if not i'd just like it if it were playable on a good looking res and settings. but if i get my build for christmas like i hope and i think i might, i will probably point my dad here :)

CrayonMuncher

Don't come into a for sale thread trying to ruin sales with info that isn't true.

That is uncalled for. I was providing information about crysis, nothing to do with your sale and nothing to do with your claims I was responding to jonnyp s comments not anything made by you to promote your sale.
I get 28-30 FPS average with everything maxed out including aa, 30 fps is not considered by most to provide smooth gameplay and it does not constitute completely smooth game play, in the video you've shown I would get a higher fps (around 45 or so) in that scene too but not during heavy battles and the like this would make it drop considerably.
My PC has no further issues, I have tested this game on multiple set-ups with multiple cards my claims are also backed up my numerous reviews:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Inno3D/iChill_GTX_260/9.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/evga-geforce-gtx260-216-55nm_7.html#sect2

The gts gets around 22 FPS at that 1280*1024 average

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Galaxy/GeForce_GTS_250_1_GB/9.html

This is without mods or anything.
Anything below around 25 fps is still playable but will not look smooth and, for most maybe not you, would make the game unpleasant to play.
I was not trying to stop any sale you were making as I am sure jonnyp will benefit greatly from that card, I just didnt want him to beleive he would max it out and play crysis at like 45-50 FPS all the time just because of the fact he has a lower resolution.

jonnyp11

i know this is kennebell's thread, but how bout we just drop this, and i doubt my cpu could handle it anyways.

CrayonMuncher

i know this is kennebell's thread, but how bout we just drop this, and i doubt my cpu could handle it anyways.

I was just about to edit my post to say that, I completely agree, I have no wish to derail this thread. My comments were not meant as a way to stop your sale, I only meant to provide some information.