LOTS of stuff FS

That is uncalled for. I was providing information about crysis, nothing to do with your sale and nothing to do with your claims I was responding to jonnyp s comments not anything made by you to promote your sale.
I get 28-30 FPS average with everything maxed out including aa, 30 fps is not considered by most to provide smooth gameplay and it does not constitute completely smooth game play, in the video you've shown I would get a higher fps (around 45 or so) in that scene too but not during heavy battles and the like this would make it drop considerably.
My PC has no further issues, I have tested this game on multiple set-ups with multiple cards my claims are also backed up my numerous reviews:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Inno3D/iChill_GTX_260/9.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/evga-geforce-gtx260-216-55nm_7.html#sect2

The gts gets around 22 FPS at that 1280*1024 average

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Galaxy/GeForce_GTS_250_1_GB/9.html

This is without mods or anything.
Anything below around 25 fps is still playable but will not look smooth and, for most maybe not you, would make the game unpleasant to play.
I was not trying to stop any sale you were making as I am sure jonnyp will benefit greatly from that card, I just didnt want him to beleive he would max it out and play crysis at like 45-50 FPS all the time just because of the fact he has a lower resolution.

I played the entire game and never saw frames below mid/low 20's. I do not believe anything reviews have to say. I have read reviews saying my GTX 580 lightning would run BF3 at 55fps average at the settings I run. I am averaging 70 fps playing for hours on the same maps they claim to bench.

I never said that specific scene was 30 fps. The comment I made under the video about being 22-35 frames was for action intense areas. I also ran the game at high not ultra. I am intelligent enough to give people meaningful bench numbers. I could have looked at the sky and said my average was 80 fps. I knew what he was getting at.

I was commenting on your statement of how it is barely playable at 720p at medium settings with your GTX260. Next you said you average 28+ frames maxed out with AA. Which is it? Please correct me if I am confused. IMO 30 fps is playable. If you are unable to play a game at 30 fps then you are an over achiever.

CrayonMuncher

to be clear it was 28-30 fps average completely maxed out, or very high not high, average does not mean it was always 28FPS as I'm sure you are aware it went higher or lower dependent on the scene.
When I said maxed out I mean't very high including aa.
Most hardcore gamers class 60FPS+ as smooth gameplay, 30 FPS is usually just to low and game play is not constantly locked at exactly 30FPS meaning that lag may occur I find that it becomes stutter free at around 45FPS average.
There are reasons why 30fps is not considered the best and why gamers aim for higher even though the human processes at around 24 fps but this is not where they should be discussed.

Nows lets move this back to a sales thread.

Last edited: