Lower temps?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
It looks great! no dust, its perfect! as long as it spins that is, i would just leave it there unles your going to get some arctic silver. check your temps.

hpi

banned
Alright well I have money now whoa and I need a good cpu/fan combo by today because Il order today.

It has to be off tigerdirect.ca or a trusted canadian site. It has to look nice also and has to fit.

This one looks good, reviews are alright also.

Now how on earth Would I figure out if it fit?

Last edited:

hpi

banned
Oops =) I thought you meant a whole new motherboard cpu and cooler. Make sure your socket is REALLY LGA 775... here:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1187029&CatId=1588

63.5CFM!!! Cheap too! Ultra! coppper core to help heat transfer!

I would but its VERY ugly. It has to look nice also. And it's a stock cooler basically.

Price isn't really an issue and heck I don't even know how to install these things. Mine right now has the 4 clips that you push and turn and it goes in. Iunno how I would install the one I linked from td.ca

Im not gonna get the zalman bc I wan't new no matter what.

Il go with this probably:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2135206&CatId=1588

But I just have to find out if I can install it and to know if it fits.

Last edited:

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I'm pretty sure with that your temperatures will rise. Yours has a bigger heatsink, to suck up more heat. It has high airflow, but a small heatsink. the bigger airflow might lower the temps maybe 15C but all I can say is get a bigger heatsink... with a high CFM fan. I have 36C idle on a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz Overclocked to 3.1Ghz, copper heatsink, have upgraded the fan 2 times. 33CFM, 37CFM, 43CFM. Copper helps.

hpi

banned
Need to know if it would be putable because whats holding in my current one is different.

Need to order in the next 30 mins.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Oops! I didnt look at the side view. Its pretty good! especially with THAT much CFM. Well if your happy with it and 100% sure that its compatiable go for it.

hpi

banned
Yeah its good I just need to know how it would clip on from the stock cooler to this...

hpi

banned
Well I didn't end up ordering it yesterday because im still not sure on it so if anyone has any helpful answers that be great.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Ah... I saw something. If the mounting way is different they usually have a backplate that you have to install on the back of your motherboard to use the HSF. Might be a pain the ... just dont short it!.

hpi

banned
Damn a pc forum and only an answer from 1 person. Thanks for answering, il order it even though it most likely won't fit.

Btw what's a cfm for a fan to have as a rear fan?